UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

Yeru,

and you say i am unrealistic? i am afarid you are the deep heart optimist here! to even think about WORLD PEACE is as UNREALISTIC as it gets!!!

The US invades Iraq. We send Saddam to the World Court for crimes against Humanity. The people in Iraq rejoice in the streets because they're finally rid of Saddam and the whole Ba'ath party system. Iraq's neighbors are grateful because they no longer have to worry about what the hell he's gonna do next. We establish a democracy in Iraq the second only in the mideast (the other being Israel). The only ones really pissed about the whole deal are the radical muslims (there's no pleasing them anyhow) and the anti-war crowd in the US and Europe (there's no pleasing them anyhow). How's that?

you really think this is gonna be the outcome of this war? peace and happiness? i really hope you are right but it doesn't sound at all as a realistic scenario.

hussein used the money from the oil production to make iraq a modern westernized country. the US, Britain etc. will take the oil production out of iraqi hands and leave iraq as impoverished, hungry nation. i am afarid thats the more realistic scenario.

about the points you made:

Czecs still insist inspite of the CIA's protestations to the negative

yes nobody is taking this seriously...not even the CIA...wouldn't especially the CIA have an interest to link hussein to the attacks?

Further, there were the documents recovered from Arafats headquarters by the Israelis that Saddam was funneling money to Hamas and Islamic Jihad both.

never heard that...can you give a link to where you read that?

(these are by the way organizations fighting against israel not directly the US...and they are supported more by saudis than anyone else)

We should leave troops in Kuwait and Saudi until Hussein dies?

absolutely if the US is indeed only worrying about human rights and a possible military threat. it worked very well the last 12 years.

where did you get this figure of 3000 women and children kurds killed by Saddam, it's been much much more.

i repeadedly hear and read this number in context of his gas attacks...do you have other numbers? plaese show the link.

The only reason he didn't hit Israel with Chems in 91 is because we destroyed what he had available at the time. Still he has 600 thousand tons that are unaccounted for.

so if he does have 600 000 TONS (!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of number is that???? sounds enourmously exaggerated) than why again didn't he use it against israel??? also the US didn't have destroyed his chem weapons at the time he launched these junk rockets against israel. so what you said there is somehow contradictory.

Why did he invade Kuwait?

iraq always viewed kuwait as an illegitimate creation of the british occupants. in 1990 kuwait had violated the OPEC rules and had tried to tab into iraqi oil deposists. the US had given green light for an invasion...hence hussein invaded.

i have to agree that it was irrational not to withdrew from kuwait...he obviously has no idea about tactics...so maybe that was the reason? perhaps he even thought he has a chance?

now the couter question...what do you think Bush actually wants? and do you think he is picking on Iraq because of this one czec report?

if he really wants to do something against al qaida and muslim terrorism don't you think he would have to take out the saudis, the kuwaities etc.? these are criminal regimes that in contrast to iraq are prooven to have supported terrorism against the US.

in my opinion iraq is just the easiest and most profitable target. no weapons and a dictator who was made to a crazy mass murderer by the media. ... despite the oil rescources ...bush didn't get bin laden ...he was unable to eliminate al qaida so he needs a victory.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Just found this interesting:

* 31% of U.S. oil comes from Arab OPEC countries.
    * 86% of oil imported to the U.S. from the middle east comes from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
    * In July of 2002 Chevron imported 5,061,000 barrels from Iraq.
    * Chevron imports nearly five times more oil to the U.S. from Iraq than any other oil company.
    * Chevron is the only major U.S. oil company that imports more oil from Iraq than from Saudi Arabia. sources for the above facts: Department of Energy publications located here or here * There are current Bush Administration plans to further reduce our dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, and to replace the Saudi supply with Iraqi oil. source: Jane's Foreign Report * BP (British Petroleum) is the only oil company other than Chevron that imports more oil to the U.S. from Iraq than from any other middle eastern nation. source: Boycott Middle-East Oil, verified with Department of Energy stats * Britain is the only other country who's government is strongly backing the U.S. invasion of Iraq. source: The Observer * George Bush Sr. is a former director of Halliburton. He is now one of the directors of The Carlyle Group, one of the U.S.'s largest defense contractors. source: The Consortium and Here In Reality * Dick Cheney, was Halliburtons chairman and chief executive. Halliburton is the worlds largest oil field services company. source: WhiteHouse.org * Halliburton has signed contracts and provides services to Chevron. source: The Consortium * The Bush Administrations' National Security Advisor, Condoleeza Rice, was a former director of Chevron and held a quarter of a million shares of Chevron stock. She even had a tanker named after her until before being appointed by President Bush. sources: Multinational Monitor and Democratic Underground

These facts show there is a serious conflict of interest with the relationships between the Bush family, the Bush Administration, Chevron, and Halliburton. The facts show the Bush family and friends stand to profit greatly from war and the controlled flow of Iraqi oil. Why should these conflicts of interest be allowed to progress to the point of war? The invasion of Iraq will certainly kill many people who have no interest, and who's families will not profit from the success or failure of Chevron, BP, Halliburton, or the Carlyle Group.

~Aztec

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Yeru!

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Excellent research, Aztec! You ROCK! :-) :-)

I don't see how anyone can argue against the facts. Sadaam is no angel by any merits, and Bush & clan have cleverly used this fact to their advantage to mask their quest for more oil/money amongst the "Sadaam is Evil" propaganda everyone is force-fed by the media.

Might I also add what an all-around CREEP this dude is:

It says in this court document on the Office of the County Clerk, Fort Bend County Texas site that Dubya has been accused legally of having sex with a minor, and then using his powers as President to harass her into committing suicide. http://www.incunabula.org/shrubrub/

Bush has SO much dirt on him it's unbelievable. I also read he signed 154 death warrants in 5 years as govenor of Texas. (131 in this article...more after?)

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/06/20/bush6_20.a.tm/

If I didn't have to work today, I'd be protesting in San Fran. Something must be done to stop the madness.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I was going to go down, and video tape some protests, however, there aren't any in the Seattle area, instead they are having nieghborhood potlucks for peace. Ya, bush is a scumbag. It was actually amazing, at the last protest here in Seattle, I actually saw signs from republicans, denouncing this war.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

So I guess on your way to work 2da you will not be filling your gas tank?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    So I guess on your way to work 2da you will not be filling your gas tank?

What does that have to do with anything? If we were in brazil, he'd be filling his tank with alcohol, it's not our fault we have to use gas in our vehicles, I happen to own an ecenomical vehicle, if I had the money, I'd convert it over to alcohol. For your information, there is no goddamn reason we need to be dependant on oil, it's about money. There are no technical reasons to depend on oil, if you know anything about how combustion engines work, you'd know, that most vehicles can be converted to run on other fuels, very easily.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Lets see now. According to all you Bush haters, anyone with ties to big business should bow thier heads in shame, never take a stand on any issues that may result in profit for thier holdings, allow any crazy goofball dictator to ignite thousands of oil wells, manufacture/ stock pile huge casches of henious chemical weapons, encourage and pay off suicide bombers, build himself grand palaces with hidden bunkers, hide military targets in the midst of his civilians, all while shooting his carbine directly into the air, where any little child walking down the streets of Bagdad may be the unwitting receiptent of the errant slug.

Yeah you guys really make alot of sense.

Danny........ with no clue about combustion engines, but knows that oil is the common lubricant of the worlds entire monetary system.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

for your info i have a very fuel-efficient vehicle and aim to purchase one of those Hybrid cars in the near future.

this is what I'm doing to help lessen our dependency on oil and save our environment in the process - what are YOU doing?

The problem is not that we need and use oil, the problem is what our country will do to get it and profit from it. Lives are being lost so that people can profit from a resource that is running out and harms the environment in numerous ways. Why not pursue alternate sources now? I don't have all the answers, but what's going on right now doesn't seem to be the right one. Personally, if the USA had less of a presence in the Middle East, we'd be a lot better off. They hate us now when we're way across the ocean, imagine how they'll feel when we're their next door neighbors...

• Aztec
    Aztec

Danny please just look into the facts. The American population is being LIED too about the reason for war. No question Saddam should be removed from office but do we really need a war to do it? Also do we really have to authority to replace another countries leader? Why are you supporting Bush? Do you think he gives a rat's ass about you? Unless you are a major contributor to him and his party or one of his families cronies the answer is no. That said, he is no differant than most politicians. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I sincerely encourage everyone to look into other parties as I think it may be the only way to save our government.

Peace

~Aztec

Edited to add:

Good points back2dafront!

Edited by - Aztec on 18 January 2003 13:12:26

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit