UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

TH,

***We were right to go into afganistan, we were directly attacked, however this is simply not right, IRAQ has never directly attacked America first. You can put whatever spin you want to put on it, but this will always look like a dis-honarable ***

Technically niether did Afganistan. Sadam may not be a card carrying member of the Taliban, but I would guess every time those Iraqi anti-aircraft gunner's fires upon a coalition jet, they shout the praise's of Allah, and hope to Allah that they are successful in downing one of the 'Great Satan's' planes.

This talk of Sadam not being, just as fanatical, or less able to carry out Islamic fundemental terror, is beyond hopeful, it is a receipe for getting caught with our pants down again. I hope I never have to witness another WTC, or similar attack again.

Bush said it from 9-11 on, any country that harbor's or condones terror is an enemy. Tell me Sadam does not qualify on both counts.

Danny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Emiliano,

Thanks for making my point.

Even plausable deniablility is mute after reviewing your post.

So we are going to get all huffy about who sold what to whom, and just stick our heads in the sand.........were so bad we sold arms. Like we did not know that already.

Even more reason to enforce the already sanctioned UN directives. Similar to a police dept. when you id a cop who can't handel the weapon, it's time to take the gun away!

So far North Korea has not invaded the south. So far Isreal has not lobbed any nukes on Egypt. So far China has not invaded Japan. Sadam did in fact invade Saudi Arabia, Sadam did in fact use chemical weapons on his own people. Sadam did cause one of the worlds most catastrophic enviromental disaster's in mankind history. Sadam did, and does continue to threaten and provoke his neighbors. Sadam does abuse his countryman. Sadam does commit daily violation of civil rights.

So lets just give him more chances to change. Yeah right.

Danny

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Chomskystream (hi/low) download

Comments?

• Robdar
    Robdar

TH said and this bears repeating:

There is no honor in this war

'nuff said.

Robyn

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Robdar,

There is no 'honor' in any war. I don't care if it is a bar room fight between two individual antagonists. Fighting is a dirty rotten business. Most professional soldier's will be the first to agree.

Where there is no true 'honor', is when the fight begins, those on the sidelines, whose very freedoms and lifestyles have been, time after time secured by those who do the dirty work (soldier's).......stand by taunting, jeering, deflating the soldier's will, effort and willingness to do the job. That is dishonorable.

Danny

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Chomsky interviewed on Flashpoints Audio

Our government is taking away our freedoms pass laws like the Patriot Act.

We are headed towrad fascism.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Yeru - I will admit that your first post confused me - I don't believe I was the only one. the whole shelf life thing at first I thought was the heads themselves, not the chemicals. Will work on reading comprehension.

I am not a "no justification for war" person. I believe we should defend our country if needed, yadda yadda ya. I am "anti-war" - but I think all humans are (at least the r/f humans). I believe you are.

I believe the UN has the only authority at this time, rightfully so, to declare the need to go to war with Iraq. Once the UN has decided this is the appropriate course of action, then I will throw my hat in with everyone else. I do not trust Bushie boy to be doing the right thing - look what he's doing with his domestic policy under all of our noses while we're all sitting around worrying & discussing war!!!!!!

What concerns me is the way that Bush is basically flaunting the US' power & rough shodding over the entire planet, including the UN...as I've said 3 times already in this thread - with a President like him its no wonder people around the world have the opinion they do of our country. He shows none of the necessary intelligence, wisdom & world conciousness that should be qualities of the President of the only Superpower country on this planet. The first time I saw him when he began running - he seemed evil to me - I've never thought that of any candidate before. Call it a gut instinct - but the jerk-off has done nothing to prove that he isnt - and much to prove that he is.

I've always respected and liked your opinions Yeru - even when we don't agree (and I know we've gone round this block before!). Its always a pleasure arguing with you - makes me smile everytime. Its crack boys such as the thread starter here that always infuriates me. Flipping off at the mouth with deragatory statements just to insult & irritate.

Editted myself - cuz I got a big mouth sometimes!

Edited by - pettygrudger on 17 January 2003 8:26:46

• daveyJones
    daveyJones

Petty,

We shall, then, continue to agree to disagree.

My issue with "letting the inspectors do their job" is that they can't. It's not the inspectors' job to seek out weapons of mass destruction. Here's how it was set up by the UN. Iraq was to declare ALL WEAPONS of mass destruction. HEAVY EMPHASIS on ALL. The Inspectors were then to verify that these WMD had been destroyed, or confiscate and destroy any WMD still in existence. The inspectors KNOW that there are some 600 thousand tons of chemical and biological agents not accounted for. How do they know this? They know it from records seized pre 1998 as compared to the Iraq declaration of recent weeks.

Iraq has not accounted for where these chem/bio agents are. No records exist that they were destroyed, nor is a location of their destruction given, nor is a location where these agents can be found given. It's not the UN's job to go find this stuff, Saddam was supposed to tell them where it's at. He hasn't, this is a breach of the agreement.

Further, the Warheads found, though made before 1988 were well maintained. They were found in a bunker not built until 1995, so, these weren't just left lying around and forgotten about.

I was mistaken in my earlier claim that they were found on the farm of a scientist, I confused two news stories.

However, the final analysis from my point of view is this. Inspections haven't worked for 12 years. The Iraqis have a LOT of outstanding weapons and agents unaccounted for. Per the latest UN resolution Iraq is suppossed to tell the inspectors where all their WMD are at. They have failed to do so, therefore, the inspections program has already failed. Saddam had 8 years to watch how the inspectors did their job and figure out loop holes. He had four years in which to build underground bunkers to hide these WMD and the newer ones he's developed. Due to the slow pace of the UN he had MONTHS in which to make sure everything was hidden. The UN has sent just over 100 inspectors to search a country the size of California for WMD. It's an impossible task unless Iraq cooperates by telling the inspectors where the weapons are, or showing that they were destroyed.

Saddam was shown to be a liar from day one of the Inspections that began right after the Gulf War. It's obvious he can't be trusted. The UN has proven in the 50 some years of it's existence to be ineffectual and generally speaking, anti-American. Yep, sounds like a recipe for peace to me.

Yeru writing as my step son (sorry Simon, this darned 20 post limit is killing me this week, I gab too much.)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Where there is no true 'honor', is when the fight begins, those on the sidelines, whose very freedoms and lifestyles have been, time after time secured by those who do the dirty work (soldier's).......stand by taunting, jeering, deflating the soldier's will, effort and willingness to do the job. That is dishonorable.

Nobody here is doing that, so what's your point? There is honarable war, it's called defending yourself, when your attacked, and having justifiable reasons to attack another country. Iraq has not directly attacked US soil, nor does he have the capabilities to do such a thing. All connections to Al Queda have never been proven, no smoking gun. If bushes statements are to be taken litterly, then we've just started world war 3, because there are terror groups in every country, including our own.

• daveyJones
    daveyJones

PROVEN connections to Al Queda? No, not proven to the anti-war crowd, just intelligence reports that indicate it.

There IS a proven connection to Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc, etc etc in Israel.

The war is against TERRORISM not just terrorism directed against the US

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit