UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    No, not proven to the anti-war crowd, just intelligence reports that indicate it.

Ya, right, everytime someone doesn't agree with this war, they're labeled anti-war, lol, is being anti-war such a bad thing. I think I'd rather my kids hang out with someone that isn't pro-violence, then someone that is. Oh look I'm anti-war, that means I don't want a bunch of inocent people getting killed, I'm so bad, because I don't want people to die, oh look at you, your so good, because you don't give a shit about innocent human beings. Look pal, it hasn't been proven to anyone, if there was proof, then the proof should be released. If there was such proof, then why isn't there a huge colitition backing a war with iraq? You don't see a bunch of people in Nato backing this, I mean the big countries, abviously they haven proved it to the people that really need the proof.

• Realist
    Realist

what exactly is the point of going to war with iraq?

a) saddam is NOT a muslim fundamentalist. he did NOT support muslim terror. he was actually interested in making iraq a modern westernized state.

b) saddam is NO threat to any other state in the area. especially since US troops are stationed around him.

c) saddam has NO WMD ...unless you count empty warheads as such. In addition even if he has chemical or bioweapons is he no threat to anyone as long as he is not attacked and the use of these weapons is his last resort.

d) saddam is NOT a crazy war monger who tries to occupy the whole territory. the war with iran as well as the occupation of kuwait (originally) where both tolerated respectively encouraged by the US.

e) Saddam despite being unscrupulous is NOT a mindless mass murderer as alledged so often. the kurds and other opposers that were killed tired to eliminate saddam's regime and tried to get their own state. every dictator and even PEACEFUL countries such as the US would not tolerate such movements.

d) saddam is sitting on the second largest oil resources in the world and it is obvious that the US industry wants this oil. by controling this oil they could get rid of the OPEC and also bring an end to the environmental movement in the US.

considering the situation and using a bit of logic makes it clear that this war is about the oil and weapon industry as well as to gain total control of the region.

• dubla
    dubla

saddam has NO WMD ...unless you count empty warheads as such. In addition even if he has chemical or bioweapons is he no threat to anyone as long as he is not attacked and the use of these weapons is his last resort.

this one really cracks me up....first off, i love how just because theyve only found empty warheads SO FAR, that people assume, "well, that must be it", lol, again i cant believe how naive some people are. then youve got contradictions in the same paragraph here......first its the strong conviction of "he has NO WMD", then, "but if he does have WMD, then....", which is it? he doesnt have them in your opinion, or maybe he does but it doesnt matter? and lastly, chemical and bioweapons arent a threat to anyone unless hes attacked????? thats the funniest thing ive heard on here yet. hey realist, get real.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,
    do i believe he has weapons of MD...No i don't think he has them.

does it matter if i am wrong and he has some chem or bio weapons...No because there is no point in using them. 
    whom would he attack with these weapons??? the US, Israel? NONSENSE! 

Now lets see if you can get real...do you believe saddam wants to get killed? Do you believe he is suicidal? 
    If not then let me ask you....what threat does saddam pose for the US or any other state? 
    He is not a moron and he knows that he would get destroyed if he tried to attack anyone.

SO WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC???

Edited by - realist on 17 January 2003 11:31:27

• seawolf
    seawolf

PurpleV said:

"Added Bush: "This man tried to kill my dad."

No, it's not personal.

IronGland said:

Uhh, Purple..bush didn't really say that..

CNN said:

And, in discussing the threat posed by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, Bush said: "After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/27/bush.war.talk/

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Seawolf,

Great quote from Bush....of course it's personal, but the fact that Sadammie has the Chem shells, even if they were never used, is a little fishy, yes?

I am not a fan of Bush, but something needs to be done with this miscreant, and then we can move on to the next rouge nation who wants to make the people in their own country and the world shake in fear of them. The madness has to stop sometime, unchecked bullies are dangerous.

ash

• wasasister
    wasasister
    ...and then we can move on to the next rouge nation who wants to make the people in their own country and the world shake in fear of them. The madness has to stop sometime, unchecked bullies are dangerous.

This is the idea that really bothers me in the push to eliminate Saddam. "And then we move on..." Where? Do we go around correcting every head of state who dares to operate differently than the American version of Democracy? Do we force our way of life on every other country, just because we can?

Talk about Unchecked Bullies!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

a) Saddam financially supports Muslim terror by giving money to the families of suicide bombers.

b) Saddam is a threat. You forget about his precious scuds. Saddam could launch Chemical and Biological weapons at Isreal in a heartbeat. He still has a couple of thousands tanks, yes outdated, but they could cause some havok never the less.

c) You have no way of knowing that Saddam has NO WMD. Stuff is unaccounted for, he had a Nuclear program going for years. If he didnt have one, then why was he trying to buy uranium? We KNOW that he had Chemical and Biological Weapons and now we cant seem to find all of them. Are you suggesting they got 'lost'?? I know we lose ours all the time......

d) While the war with Iran was encouraged due to our cold war ideals the war with Kuwait was not. You think that we wanted Saddam to have all that oil??? If anything we want STABILITY in the gulf to keep the supply of oil stable and prices firm.

e) Not a mass murderer?? So the women and children he gassed were trying to kill him?? Saddams human rights violations are IMMENSE. Stop trying to put a halo on him. Here's a guy that brutally rapes and kills women and then sends a video tape of the incident to their families as a warning.

f) Where do you get this crap from?? Sure we would love to control the oil. However, we are not the only ones. The French, Russians, and Chinese have oil contracts with Iraq and I doubt they are going to let us 'control' all the oil. Now your trying to say we are trying to get rid of environmental laws??? You are PARANOID. Control OPEC- well thats not a bad Idea.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wasa,

Yes. It's ok. Bullies are people who hurt others because they like it. The US enforces global policy, UN policy, because of economic reasons, but maybe some good people who are hurting under the current establishment can be freed and hopefully live a good life as free men, not enslaved under madmen leaders.

The US government IS doing it for selfish reasons.....that's no secret. But, if some good can come of it, if a nation can be freed and people can start to really live without fear, although it would be hard at first (just like it was for our founding forefathers who struggled for years after the revolution), they would eventually be free, and living well. But, all good circumstances usually start with pain.

ash

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

does it matter if i am wrong and he has some chem or bio weapons...No because there is no point in using them.

i am again feeling like this discussion is pointless, due to your naivety. saying there is no point in using them is like saying al qaeda has no point in using wmd, if given the chance. you seem to think hussein doesnt have the resources to get the weapons into the right hands....to strike u.s. targets, or isreali targets.....do you think he has to physically bring a chemical bomb to the united states in order to hit a u.s. target? were you born under a rock?

? Do you believe he is suicidal?

sure i do.....hes just as suicidal for his cause as al qaeda is for theirs....which the two causes are very similar, if not the same. hes trying to hold on as long as he can to accomplish his goals, but im sure hes willing to die for his purpose. and when (not if) sadaam is gone, there will be others who attempt to pick up where he left off.....he knows this, just as bin laden knows that his plans dont die with him. its pretty simple logic.....are you getting it yet?

aa

Edited by - dubla on 17 January 2003 12:36:46

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit