A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The reason FOR death itself is ancient which means it's not going to just jump out at us. We have had to literally dig into the past to discover the purpose of suffering.

Everything dies, everything ever will die. The reason is obvious.

• AGuest
    AGuest

To assume there are disasters of which are unavoidable

I don't get this discussion any longer, dear Sab. You haven't responded to my questions; however, I have addressed all that you've propounded. I will say ONE thing regarding the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... since somehow you seem to not only be misunderstanding me but Him, as well: He doesn't bring, or allow ANYTHING that is harmful to man... without sounding a warning. Sometimes, years... decades... centuries... even millenia... in advance. And just as there are those who ignore MAN'S "early warning" systems... always have been and always will be... there are those who have, are, and will ignore HIS means of early warning.

In THIS case, the hypothetical, I responded as to that "someone"... telling folks that, while THEY might not know how to prepare, there IS One who does... and they should go to HIM... and QUICK-LIKE... to get that information. Same as, say, someone saying "A comet is coming and you need to contact your President/King/Queen/Government to know what to do!" If such ones go, "Oh, shoot, I don't believe THEY can/will help me so, no, I ain't goin' to the one(s) YOU tell me to!"... then what? WHOSE fault is it if they don't go GET the proper information and/or evacuate when told to DO so?

For instance, the "warning" to "GET OUT OF HER, MY people!" comes to mind. Does it look to YOU like a whole lot of folks are heeding THAT warning? Yet, "her" demise isn't coming from GOD - He's just the one sounding the WARNING. YOUR position is that "she"... and those in "her"... CAN do something to stave off her demise - yet, my position is that there is NOT: her demise WILL come... and there's NOTHING anyone can do about it. Now, do you think going to those who are LEADERS among her is going to result in some kind of global attention to stand to... and a mass exodus from "her"? Do you REALLY think those who are leaders in her are going to sound a warning down... indeed, tell folks, "Oh, hey, you all need to get OUT!"?

Same thing with this matter. Dear one. It is not until those who "lead" could SEE the "comet" FOR THEMSELVES... that they would even consider sounding a warning. So... NO POINT in saying anything before that time. However, BY that time... it could be too late. Which is the direction I've been coming from: this was not, to my understanding, a discussion about God... but about someone being told a comet was going to hit the earth. Which, as some have pointed out... nothing can be done about. It was not about God SENDING a comet (why would He completely destroy the earth??).

I get concerned, sometimes, as to how you "reason" on matters. As you yourself often admit, your "anger" sometimes clouds. Maybe that has occurred here? I don't know... but I do know that I am not comfortable discussing these matters with you HERE, as I have already stated a couple/few times before. Now, if you do wish to continue, then let's... elsewhere. I am open to that, without reservation. If you are adamant that it must be done HERE, though... then you will have to continue with others, which is entirely your choice and I do not judge you for doing so. But... you WILL get what you usually get, so don't be surprised when you do.

Again, peace to you!

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I hold my 'god' to a higher standard than believers hold theirs to when it comes to the information and truth. I used to give mine a pass on so many things and argue that I was only being given parable quality information as part of a divine plan for me ( if god needed me fairly ignorant and uneducated regarding the future so be it ) . Atheism for me equates to raising my information standard to that of basic human science and my god fails utterly. I have yet to find anyone else's god able to rise above parable bs yet either. The 'gods' of all cultures always tell us childish boo stories about death and end time destruction and are forever warning us of doom which never comes and then the culture ends and those gods disappear. Xianity has had its day thankfully and is dying, Jehovah and his rather sad tales of Armageddon will pass into the night to take his place with Ra , Zeus and Voldemort.

A decent , caring god would tell you and prepare to help unlike bible god who seems to enjoy causing death via various grisly means from bears to global genocidal floods.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    A decent , caring god would tell you and prepare to help

I repeat:

"... the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... doesn't bring, or allow ANYTHING that is harmful to man... without sounding a warning. Sometimes, years... decades... centuries... even millenia... in advance. And just as there are those who ignore MAN'S "early warning" systems... always have been and always will be... there are those who have, are, and will ignore HIS means of early warning."

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

bible god

Bible god, mormon god, wts god... no wonder your 'god' doesn't meet your 'standards'.

My God is the Father of Christ. The God that you and many others say does not exist... and I do not mean that in the 'there is not god.' But rather that one has to accept the god of the bible, all or nothing... rather than the God and Father of Christ. The former does not exist, I agree... just as jehovah of the wts does not exist.

But the latter, the Father of Christ - shown to us BY Christ (who is His Living Word, Image, and Truth)... yeah. You just do not know Him, and you demonstrate that in the things that you think are true about 'god'.

Peace,

tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Your personal god AG sounds no warning, gives no advice, has no plan, is incapable of helping and has no power. Nothing you say will alter that fundamental truth. My god failed the information test and so does yours.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Ditto Tec

• bohm
    bohm

If God give warnings, he does a shit job. Why cant god use a telephone or send an email?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Or publicly boardcast on tv and radio?

• tec
    tec

Most people don't even believe that he speaks... of course they do not believe that He gives warnings.

If people are not listening, indeed do not even know TO listen, then how can they a) ask, or b) hear and heed a warning?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit