A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I repeat:

Repetion != being correct. Repeated (ironically) for emphasis.

• bohm
    bohm

Lol, so now we are supposed to believe god warned some people about the tsunami, and these same people didnt think it would be a good idea to pass on this information to the people who was actually going to drown?

not only does that make god a dick, but also his adherrents!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Not only is that not true, dear Q (peace!), but if everyone truly believed that, including at least one here, this thread would never have been started.

This thread was never about your auditory hallicunations. No hijacking one type of BS by another type of BS.

I have shared some of them on the forum. I am not restating them here.

Exactly. He always shares somethign useful until you try to figure out and verify that thing. Then it's a giant no show. Same as always.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Most people don't even believe that he speaks... of course they do not believe that He gives warnings. If people are not listening, indeed do not even know TO listen, then how can they a) ask, or b) hear and heed a warning?

WAY too easy and makes WAY too much sense, dear tec (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!). Certainly for these very intellectual and rational people, here. You and I are too much like "young children" - we really should "grow up" and be more like the adults of the world. I mean, can't you see how wise THEY are... how they immediately heed warnings... including those on the TV and radio, even sent via email... heck, phone calls? Those people who don't get out of the way of coming disasters... even though they're warned... don't do so because they either (1) know better than whoever is sounding the warning, or (2) know that the disaster won't effect them, or (3) know they can survive it, even if no one else can (because they're not children, fer gawd's sake and can't take care of their ownselfs, or (4) know there ain't no dang disaster coming... ever... no ways... because they are THEM... and what disaster... natural or otherwise... would DARE to mess wit them and THEIR chil'rens??

Yep, you need to stop presentin' yourself as a "young child", chile'... and LISTEN to them grown folks!

Nohmsayin'? I know you do.

Peace, chile'... and keep the faith, mah sistah!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA, nothing more than a young chile' herself, chile'... and so wondering why the government and science didn't do anything to forestall the recent storm that devastated the NJ/NY shores... although they knew WEEKS before that it was coming... oh, wait, they couldn't stop that, though...

• tec
    tec

Peace right back atcha :)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yep, you need to stop presentin' yourself as a "young child", chile'... and LISTEN to them grown folks!

So, still not a single useful or unique thing EVER spoken. Got it. It's the BS Superbowl x10000000.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There are/were plans to protect the New York/Jersey coast. Some communities did it, some didn't. Those communities that didn't were among the worst affected. It's not hard to look this stuff up. I've been listening to the story on NPR for the last few weeks. There is a science behind it that is government backed.

" Hurricane Sandy battered the coastline here in New York and New Jersey. Take the city of Long Beach on Long Island. In 2006, the city council unanimously rejected a plan to construct 15-foot-high dunes on the beach there, saying that the 15-foot-high dunes would block ocean views, lower property values, affect surfers' waves.

And then Sandy hit and cost some $200 million in damage. Would dunes have spared that Long Beach, that damage? Possibly, because several neighboring communities that did build dunes escaped the worst of Sandy's wrath. What's our next step? Do we abandon the most vulnerable barrier islands, allowing them to be shifted or swallowed up by the sea? Or do we fortify our beachside communities with more mega-dunes, sea walls and jetties? A little bit of both?

..."

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/25/170267849/shoring-up-the-nations-crumbling-coastlines

• still thinking
    still thinking

but keeping this thread alive.. But, sure, I can leave it... and then where will your "discussion" go?... .Aguest

LMAO! How did everyone cope when you were gone?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry, but truly not going to continue here, dear Sab (again, peace to you!). If that's... mmmmmm... a bit difficult for you to receive, I can only offer my sincere apology but that's how it must be.

Peace!

Your servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The stories are childish that the 'gods' tell but it is adults who repeat those stories. We cannot absolve ourselves of the need to move beyond believing and promoting evidence lite myth and we are well served to embrace evidence based reality. That we still have grown people honestly believing in talking animals, invisible winged creatures, secrets whispered to them on behalf of the masses, hidden codes and secrets in dusty old scriptures and supernatural events occurring all around all the time is a tragedy.

A serious, adult god would impart info clearly, universally and without threat, storytelling or confusion. No one would be privileged and such a being would tailor the message so you didn't need to know its name, or to listen a certain way or have your heart in a certain attitude. Such an intelligence would get on with the job in hand. No such god has made themselves known. Tsunamis kill thousands, asteroids sail close to the earth, kids are abused, women are raped, illness brings early death, the circle of natural life continues unabated by anything divine or technologically superior to mankind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit