A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

My brother in law is a prepper - he has something like 5000 rounds of .223, etc. Thinks he can go up into the wilderness and survive when the revolution comes.

You cannot reason with this type of person - nothing will make them see that if the basic infrastructure fails completely, an assault rifle is not going to provide sufficient food, shelter, and services to let them live on in isolation.

It is strangely similar to the JW view of instant paradise on earth after all the support facilities are destroyed at Armageddon.

Of course, they trust in Jehovah rather than an AK-47.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Question, couldn't the voice maybe have given Amanda the info on where to spot the comet so she could pass it on to astronomers?

I just don't see how the voice can consider a powdered cleaning product a threat to society. Just keep it away from children and you're golden.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Keep it away from children? How the heck are the going to clean all the toilets without it?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You cannot reason with this type of person - nothing will make them see that if the basic infrastructure fails completely, an assault rifle is not going to provide sufficient food, shelter, and services to let them live on in isolation.

Yeah, I've run into people like that, James. Recently someone was trying to say that I was a prepper and just didn't want to own up to it. His arguments were that I own guns and ammo, grow and preserve food and have a bug out bag. My counter argument was "Uh, I like shooting, I grow fresh food because it tastes better, I dry food because it's tastier and cheaper than pre-dried meals for backpacking and I enjoy it and my 'bug out bag' is my backpacking gear."

He still thinks I am a prepper than just won't admit it. He also thinks I am preparing to live off the land because I hunt and fish. Whatever.

• soontobe
    soontobe

Instead of heeding the voices in our heads its better to settle down and make some of Soontobe's Krispy Kale!

INGREDIENTS:

A head of chopped kale without the stemmy parts, washed and dried.

Olive oil.

Sea salt.

HOW YOU MAKE THIS STUFF

Take your kale, dribble some olive oil on it and shake on some sea salt.

Mix that shit.

Pop it in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Fuckin eat!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

People accuse you of a bunch of stuff, EP. Did anyone ever accuse you of having a fake girlfriend?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cool

• Satanus
    Satanus

EP

'Of course, he also got a mail order bride that was also into prepping when they met, now are married and she suddenly has decided that prepping is not for her.'

And, of course, he's not the same man that he was, when they met;)

S

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Kale chips are delicious!

One thing I do for my backpacking meals is dry my own ground beef for one pot meals. You can buy 6 servings $35 .... OR I can make my own in an afternoon, 4 servings for $4.

And actually, I am prepping. Tonight I have a meeting with some fellow preppers. I am prepping for a 24 mile hike to raise money for Make-A-Wish.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Dry ground beef? Interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit