A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

ellipses. Didn't know what it was. Looked it up. Great word. I...like it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

They're actually pretty convenient, dear Miz Josie (peace!). Along with my "mmmmm" they tend to fill up space for me whilst I'm listening... thinking ... or trying to find the "right" word. Used correctly, they just mean something's been omitted. But I don't use them correctly... or sparsely - LOL!

Ah, well - let the punctuation police/prosecutors sue me. I mean, anything I can to give 'em something to do with their apparently otherwise unoccupiable time. Although taking issue with MY punctuation... on this particular board... is hilarious. Hi-lar-i-ous.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......malarkey!

• free2beme
    free2beme

1975, Y2k, 12/21/12, and so on. If you want the world to end, you do not have to worry about tomorrow and you can always tell yourself that you are some how superior to others who use common sense. But like a bowl of chilli, this will product a lot of hot air and it too shall pass.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am not sure... nor did I ever imply... that he wouldn't be interested in informing the right people, dear Sab (again, peace to you!). I'm just saying that perhaps the government leaders/scientists aren't the right people. I cannot imagine that he wouldn't inform ANYONE...

So...God may or may not inform anyone useful at all? Tremendously un-usefule of him.

False prophets, no. Never... and always. Which is why folks tend not to listen to true prophets. "Boy crying wolf" syndrome... and totally understandable.

All prophets procaliming the end of the world have been false. So glad we agree! If, for instance, anyone were to say the LORD had said something about Iran and the enf of the world, that person, according to both you and me would be a false prophet!

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. It really was a sincere question. You just didn't get the point. But no need to be hard on yourself for that, either. I am sure many don't get it, so you're not alone. Try logic. That might help you. Might. Might not, just as well.

Oh, I am never hard on myself. I am just glad we can agree that anyone procliaming the end of the world is a false prophet. If, for instance, you felt like you should interpret my words (mistakenly, as usual) or felt, at anypoint like you had used logic and wanted to understand where you went wrong using that word and how you mistanken you were, you can feel free to PM to get clarification since your post count is limited.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We can continue this elsewhere if you're so inclined, dear Sab (again, peace to you!). I don't think here lends itself to any productive discussion, though. Certainly doesn't seem to be fomenting peace (surprise).

Agreed! Perhaps, due to your limited posting ability, this should be taken elsewhere since you certainly are contributing nothing to any discusion. If, on the off chance you DO come up with something useful, please feel free to post it here!

Have a pleasant day, love!

• AGuest
    AGuest

So...God may or may not inform anyone useful at all? Tremendously un-usefule of him.

Who said anything about God? I was speaking of the "someone" who was "told" there was a comet. Which is totally hypothetical. Certainly for you, because YOU don't believe in God. So how did God get into this discussion??

All prophets procaliming the end of the world have been false.

How did we get to "proclaiming the end of the world"? This was a discussion between dear Sab (peace to you!) and I... as an offshoot of the original discussion... re a comet hitting the planet. Now, apparently the one who had this info survived, along with some others. Which means the world did NOT end. So what are YOU on about? God... end of the world... None of that was part of what I was discussing... nor do I believe the latter will EVER occur and anyone prophesying that it will is false. I have NEVER heard... or read (outside of, say, the National Enquirer and other media created/used by man) that the world IS going to end. My understanding is that the earth was NOT formed for nothing... and will NOT "totter." So, as usual... I think YOU are do your usual deceit "here's what's being said, folks" when nothing of the SORT is being said.

But... no surprise. Didn't expect you to hold on to YOUR so-called "agreement" more than a few days or so. One thing: YOU... NEVER... prove what I'm told about you wrong. Ever.

So glad we agree! If, for instance, anyone were to say the LORD had said something about Iran and the enf of the world, that person, according to both you and me would be a false prophet!

I would say they were, indeed... if they said "the Lord had said something about Iran... 'and the end of the world'. I would say they and their "lord" is false.

Oh, I am never hard on myself.

Perhaps that's the problem, then. You should be. Just not TOO hard... such that you "break."

I am just glad we can agree that anyone procliaming the end of the world is a false prophet.

I would absolutely agree... and if you know of anyone who PROCLAIMED the end of the world... you should call 'em on it. I hear of such folks all the time, but I personally don't know any such one(s).

If, for instance, you felt like you should interpret my words (mistakenly, as usual) or felt, at anypoint like you had used logic and wanted to understand where you went wrong using that word and how you mistanken you were, you can feel free to PM to get clarification since your post count is limited.

LOLOLOL! First, I am not the one mistakenly interpreting words. Second, I used logic quite accurately and wasn't mistaken. Third, you are, mistaken, though... because you are assuming... which you often do... AND misstating (knowingly, of course)... as you ALWAYS do. Fourth, I think I can safely say that you will never receive another PM from me - if my PM of agreement to peace wasn't good enough for you... I certainly won't waste my time and energy on anything less. Sorry, luv, but THAT bird has flown. And fifth, what's with the post count limitation reference? One, I am GRATEFUL for such... because it helps me temper my time spent with you. It was getting a bit out of hand and a bit of a waste of my time (as this is becoming). Two, you're in the same boat. So doesn't that make you a hyp... yeah, you know the word.

Perhaps, due to your limited posting ability, this should be taken elsewhere since you certainly are contributing nothing to any discusion.

One, my posting limit is sufficient to handle this discussion - your presence, however, and unpeaceful snarky comments make it... distasteful to do so, here. Two, perhaps it should be... to a place where it can be discussed without YOUR never-endingly puerile and malicious input... and so continue to have some real substance. Third, apparently I AM contributing, not only to discussion (since even YOU keep commenting to ME... which is what discussion IS)... but keeping this thread alive. But, sure, I can leave it... and then where will your "discussion" go? Back to the usual snarky one-liners that contain no more substance than "anyone who predicts/prophesies that the world is gonna end is false and a liar!"... with which I whole-heartedly agree. Nothing TO comment, there.

If, on the off chance you DO come up with something useful, please feel free to post it here!

Been there, done that. Now... you. Please. For once. Something "useful." Might actually have a thread go for more than 5-6 pages... if that.

In the meantime... LOVIN' your "show" of "peace." You really should consider holding classes and teaching others how to do it. Start with teaching them how to make "offers" as to what THEY will do... regardless of what others might/might not do... which include hidden caveats that show what they REALLY mean... which they should manifest in a very short period so that any who THOUGHT they were serious would now KNOW they weren't... without any provocation from anyone else.

Some former JWs can't change their hypocrisy and deceit... any more than a leopard can change its spots... or a Cushite her skin.

Have a pleasant day, love!

Always, man, always (although, I'm a tad bit under the weather today... but got my wonderful hubby and lovely pups right my side, "'tending" to me, so I'm good... thanks for the sentiment!)

A Cushitess and doulos of Christ,

SA, who finds it HILARIOUS that you're trying to hide your nastiness under "flowery" words - you're really not THAT good, son... truly...

• cofty
    cofty
    A Cushitess

Eh?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cofty, I take it that AGuest is identifying with the biblical tribe of Cush, associated with the dark-skinned people of Africa.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My previous question got lost in the noise, so I googled it mysef. It is an asteroid. We have two days to prepare. This flyby will be inside the geosynchronous satellite orbits.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/news/asteroid20130201.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit