A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

There is indeed. The world is a savage and beautiful place for the free.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

AGuest, you know me by now. I'm not a follower. There was no need for you to direct anything snarky in your supposed response to me to someone else. I feel like you just lumped me into a group and are now trying to clean it up. It wasn't necessary . This supposed to be a discussion, not a snark fest.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That is funny. I seem to recall Aguest being quite the hot topic even when she was not here... even in places now that she does not visit.,,tec

Seeing someone as a curiosity/freak show and talking about wierd belief ...does not mean that without them threads would die...LOL Some things are just entertaining. Even if not in the way they hope.

Discussion would continue with or without ANY one of us...Aguest and you and me included. As has proven by peoples absence as times. Some people just have HUGE egos and think the world revolves around THEM...and threads would just die without them...sad really.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

(Haven't read the whole thread.)

This might be about the asteroid "2012 DA14" that will come close to Earth this year (in less than 2 weeks actually), but won't hit it.

http://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-2012-da14-will-pass-very-close-to-earth-in-2013

Of course, there's always some nutter saying something will happen at some point, so their claim about a comet might just be entirely made up rather than just inaccurate.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Why do programs like National Geographic encourage the delusions of these nutters by reporting their ridiculous claims???

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Entertainment value?

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't know jeffro...maybe they hope to expose the amount of crazyness that exists in the world. I mean, it is a nature program. And human behaviour, especially when it's just down right weird, is part of human nature...LOL Just like watching monkeys learning how to cook.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    maybe they hope to expose the amount of crazyness that exists in the world.

Maybe. But then why interview the people in a manner that feigns support of their delusions, and then present it in a program they imagine lends credibility?

It would make a great comedy series. Or maybe it is. (I haven't seen the Doomsday Preppers program in particular.)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like a Jay Leno sidewalk skit.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Jeffro....Well, it inspired discussion here didn't it? Maybe thats what they hoped to acheive? People discussing things they normally wouldn't? Who knows how many people watched that program and have beliefs like that. My guess, lots...unfortunately. Maybe the producer is a nutjob who believes Jesus is coming to destroy the wicked and save the special ones?

I dunno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit