A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Thoughts? A woman named Amanda started hearing a voiced telling them that a comet was going to destroy the earth. They bought a house in the North Carolina mountains to prepare, thinking the voice belongs to the dead former owner of the house. They are starting to buy firearms. The husband, upon being handed his first firearm carelessly pointed the firearm at several people in the room.

Question, couldn't the voice maybe have given Amanda the info on where to spot the comet so she could pass it on to astronomers? Maybe given her husband some info on how to not be an idiot with a gun?

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/articles/meet-the-preppers-amanda-and-scott-bobbins/

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The problem with doomsday preppers is that you have to be an expert on both storing/preparing and also on preventing looting.

Many of these people should not have weapons, let alone stockpiles of weapons.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

True. My son and I love to watch this show and shake our heads. Of course, we also do the same with Finding Bigfoot. I guess we just like watching trainwrecks.

Part of this one stuck out to me because of the voices, the automatic writing, ghosts guiding people to find preps already in place so they don't have to do the work....this episode in particular gave me a "WTF?" moment.

• sir82
    sir82

That's the thing with those voices in your head. They give you just enough to worry about without providing helpful details.

So, EP, is this the "olive branch" you were referring to in the other thread?

This thread was obviously started with the intention of antagonizing a member of this forum that you have had some issues with in the past.

Get a life, EP.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, EP, is this the "olive branch" you were referring to in the other thread?

This thread was obviously started with the intention of antagonizing a member of this forum that you have had some issues with in the past.

Thanks for your input! Have you taken a look at the new breakfast sandwich Panera just debuted? Ham, egg and gruyere cheese, add some spinach, it's light, delicious and healthy.

Get a life, EP.

I am alive, that's how I am able to post! Thanks for your concern. Have a pleasant day!

• andrekish
    andrekish

The Mormons ssem to like getting ready for Doomsday (I was one so have personal experience). Their weaponry stockpiles resemble the US army and it seems they cannot wait to shoot their fellow man the moment they get the chance. No thought for their fellow man except bullets and blood. Let's hope the JW organisation doesn't go doolally as well.

This may seem simplistic but surely the Creator didn't create us to be his 'hit men' nor his avenging army. The prophesies about the end of the system state that an army of angels are poised to help clean up this mess. The weapons will be ripped from the hands of the armies of man, not to be placed in to hands of Christians, but swords must be turned to ploughs and the nations must come to their end in order to end this nonsense on this planet.

An army of nutcases all trying to destroy their fellow man is not what the Creator has in mind. The end of warfare is His aim.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Very true, sir82. In general, the whole prepper thing to me is nuts. Obviously preparedness for emergencies is a good idea, but this idea of spending most of your life prepping for an unspecified disaster, preparing to fight gangs, theives and live forever, is, to me, wacky. This particular episode caught my attention due to the spiritual and mysticism aspect of it.

In general, though, it doesn't matter the source, there is a high level of WTF wackiness in the doomsday prepping scene.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm surprised the jdubs don't prep , they are the biggest dooms day cult going . that is kinda an interesting show as I'm thinking obsession with the end of the world as we know it may be a mental illness

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well, the JDubs think that God is going to save and resurrect them. What need to prep.

So, another prepper on the show I am watching knows, he "KNOWS" for a "fact" with every fibre of his being that WWIII is going to happen soon and go nuclear. Of course, he also got a mail order bride that was also into prepping when they met, now are married and she suddenly has decided that prepping is not for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit