A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds rather ineffective to me.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Shelby, any discussion which involves the fate of the world is one that concerns God. That should be assumed.

He doesn't bring, or allow ANYTHING that is harmful to man... without sounding a warning.

I don't believe in that God. I believe in a God that never brings anything harmful to man. I believe in a God that would never destroy a child, that's what man does and to their own detriment. I understand that human situations can become so knotted up that mass killing becomes available as a last resort. But to think that the Almighty God is limited to violence in the same way that we are is a shameful misunderstanding of him. Something YOU are accusing ME of. If I ever came to the knowledge that God had willfully killed children by any means I would resign from his team. I am extremely happy to find out that the killings mentioned in Scripture are mere instructional fables. However, they serve as powerful tales which when studied AS IF they are real yields incredible benifts to one's life. They are peppered with fascinating things such as literary allusions and numerology. Waiting for the end of the world is just not something I schedule for myself. I put that aside.

In THIS case, the hypothetical, I responded as to that "someone"... telling folks that, while THEY might not know how to prepare, there IS One who does... and they should go to HIM... and QUICK-LIKE... to get that information. Same as, say, someone saying "A comet is coming and you need to contact your President/King/Queen/Government to know what to do!" If such ones go, "Oh, shoot, I don't believe THEY can/will help me so, no, I ain't goin' to the one(s) YOU tell me to!"... then what? WHOSE fault is it if they don't go GET the proper information and/or evacuate when told to DO so?

If that "someone" cannot prove their assertion then they are lying or crazy and their idea should not be taken seriously. An entity that would know of such information would need to adequately explain WHY they have limited information as to the comet, yet insist that it's coming. This woman who says the comet is coming obviously wants to be a queen. She has some sort of complex that is shielding her from reality. Like you said after the destruction there would many people who'd want to be her "BFF." I would say that those people were just looking to get protection that she obviously had access to. It wouldn't be real friendship. They would crown her and the voice lords of the land. But there would also be the people who specifically distrusted the queen and her kingdom because she would be a prime suspect in a planetary crime scene. To assume the dead are merely the result of a judgement of God is very evil. Like I said God would never do such a thing. We have been told a scary story for a very, very long time.

For instance, the "warning" to "GET OUT OF HER, MY people!" comes to mind. Does it look to YOU like a whole lot of folks are heeding THAT warning? Yet, "her" demise isn't coming from GOD - He's just the one sounding the WARNING. YOUR position is that "she"... and those in "her"... CAN do something to stave off her demise - yet, my position is that there is NOT: her demise WILL come... and there's NOTHING anyone can do about it. Now, do you think going to those who are LEADERS among her is going to result in some kind of global attention to stand to... and a mass exodus from "her"? Do you REALLY think those who are leaders in her are going to sound a warning down... indeed, tell folks, "Oh, hey, you all need to get OUT!"?

The "get out of her" is a metaphor for leaving a collapsing environment. It's something that happens over and over in this realm. The 36th Hexagram comes to mind:

Six in the fifth place means: Darkening of the light as with Prince Chi. Perseverance furthers. Prince Chi lived at the court of the evil tyrant Chou Hsin, who, although not mentioned by name, furnished the historical example on which this whole situation is based. Prince Chi was a relative of the tyrant and could not withdraw from the court; therefore he concealed his true sentiments and feigned insanity. Although he was held a slave, he did not allow external misery to deflect him from his convictions. I CHING 36

The whole 36th Hexagram is about light existing within a period of darkness. Such as being born into tyranny and oppression. There will come a time to flee, but while in darkness one must be cunning to avoid disaster. There is always a way out, it's designed that way.

I get concerned, sometimes, as to how you "reason" on matters.

I appreciate the concern, I really do. I don't see reason not to have this discussion on JWN. A lot of people here think about this stuff. After leaving the Watchtower people need to resolve all this apocalypse stuff. They have to figure out whether or not God WOULD kill us like is depicted in Genesis 6-9. The answer from where I stand is a clear and definite no.

-Sab

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Rip Sum's up page 6 :

Tec: "There is nothing that will stop the end of the world."

EP: "Everything will die."

Sab story: "Compelling reasoning."

JGnat:" Couldn't ingenuity and enterprise of millions of people find a way?"

Zed: "God has earned his bad name."

Qcmbr: I hold my God to a higher standard than believers hold theirs to."

Cofty: " I agree."

AG: "Peace to you."

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

It's all in the detail. My god failed basic detail, info and science. I've asked for years now, along with other skeptics for anyone to provide evidence of a god who meets these standards and no one has managed. We have had a few messiahs, fun stories about dusty bones, odd proclamations to religious groups, redefinitions of the concepts of truth, light, seeing, hearing, love and peace , arguments of the angels on a pinhead variety but absolutely nothing,zip, nada that rose above the childish silliness of bible god's mustard seeds and entreaties to have faith. My god provided zero useful information so I killed him. I've been a divine serial killer ever since. :D

• cofty
    cofty
    the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... doesn't bring, or allow ANYTHING that is harmful to man... without sounding a warning .

Asian tsunami?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If people are not listening, indeed do not even know TO listen, then how can they a) ask, or b) hear and heed a warning?

People are listening. There is just no useful thing to hear. Seriously, name ONE thing your voice has EVER said that is unique and useful?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Your personal god AG sounds no warning, gives no advice, has no plan, is incapable of helping and has no power.

Not only is that not true, dear Q (peace!), but if everyone truly believed that, including at least one here, this thread would never have been started. Because there never would have been anything TO discuss. You need to go back and review the "issue." Apparently, the issue is He not only WOULD but HAS... but just not to everyone... which apparently is a bone of contention for some.

Nothing you say will alter that fundamental truth.

Well, my arguing to the contrary certainly won't change anything. So, we'll just have to wait and see. I would say that I believe your statement above will be brought back to your mind, though, at some point... but not in a way you might like it to be.

My god failed the information test and so does yours.

Your god's failure is the reason for your chagrin, dear one, not my God. And so you keep trying to "soothe" your disillionment with YOUR god... by trying to deny (me) my God. Your god, however, is not my God. Never was... never will be. MY God allowed me to find Him. I just went through the Door He told me to go through. Now, if YOUR god didn't properly direct YOU... and ultimately "open" to YOU... that's on YOUR god (unless, of course, you just ignored MY God... in which case, that's on YOU).

But, yeah, I'd kinda be ticked off, too. I mean, what a fake, you know? You should absolutely hate your "god." I would.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

We've had that discussion before, EP.

Christ has shared many things with me that helped me and others.

I have shared some of them on the forum. I am not restating them here.

Peace,

tammy

• bohm
    bohm

Most people dont think god speaks because god never speak. or rather, god has a history of speaking to people in such a way it looks exactly like a hallucination, hoax or mental episode to all other.

This fact never seems to dawn on god, ofcourse, or his adherrents.

• cofty
    cofty
    Christ has shared many things with me that helped me and others. - Tammy

Of course he has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit