A comet coming to end the world? Useful information?

by EntirelyPossible 177 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

LMAO! How did everyone cope when you were gone?

That is funny. I seem to recall Aguest being quite the hot topic even when she was not here... even in places now that she does not visit.

Peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "Hurricane Sandy battered the coastline here in New York and New Jersey. Take the city of Long Beach on Long Island. In 2006, the city council unanimously rejected a plan to construct 15-foot-high dunes on the beach there, saying that the 15-foot-high dunes would block ocean views, lower property values, affect surfers' waves. And then Sandy hit and cost some $200 million in damage...

Say what? Folks were WARNED? Had a CHANCE to avoid disaster? But DIDN'T? Because they... wait for it... DIDN'T LISTEN?? Well, doo-dah. Who would'a thunk it? I mean man ALWAYS listens to EVERYONE who warns him! EVERY time! No, it couldn't have been their fault - musta been God. Yeah, that's who did it.

LMAO! How did everyone cope when you were gone?

I really don't know. Not sure some (here) did. Their comments during that period seem to suggest not so much. I was kind like, really?, when I read them, though. I mean, it took stalking to entirely different level, IMHO...

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

Lol, so now we are supposed to believe god warned some people about the tsunami, and these same people didnt think it would be a good idea to pass on this information to the people who was actually going to drown?

not only does that make god a dick, but also his adherrents!...Bohm

That is the point isn't it? If someone REALLY got a warning. How could they NOT tell anyone who would listen that they are in danger? How could they not go to the authorities with their information? Even if they did fear being laughed at. If they KNEW there would be an earthquake...why the hell wouldn't they tell someone? Is their pride more important than saving lives?

Or do they FEAR that they are just making shit up and if they come out and say it to people who can do something about the event they predict, it might never happen. Easier to explain and make excuses about this to a small group of mislead people who believe them, than to the general public. Which would make them look like the liars they are.

Scientists are able to search the universe for the possible comet....and they may have time to do something about it if it was in fact true. It's not like some comet is just going to appear out of the blue. We can see what is happening in space.

But these prophets just want to be special in their 'knowledge' that THEY will be ok. It's quite sickeneing.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" No, it couldn't have been their fault - musta been God. Yeah, that's who did it."

You said it, not I. I in no way inferred that what happened had anything to do with a god. Me thinks you're confusing me with someone else.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AG does garner a lot of attention and good for her, I for one think it adds a lot of liveliness to the site when we have someone willing to go out on a limb and say something extreme. I think provocative opinions and ideas are the lifeblood of this forum and keep people coming back. I thoroughly enjoy Lars, AG, you Tec, Sab, all of the 'flies' ( which reminds me, where's NC , I do miss her) , the people who use funny pics or ideas , monkeys and so on. It's why I come back because ultimately this site has helped me move past an awful personal crisis and now it has a different place in my affections. I'm hopefully robust, abrupt , rude, sentimental ,occasionally awesome and above all British and I like to keep things spicy. I also am fiercely excited about the benefits of free thinking, scientific discovery and education. I am against slavery of the mind and body in all it's forms and so I fight the ideas of those who seek to self identify as slaves and to influence others to be slaves. I find it a noble cause and a bloody good laugh as well. I find the search for gods intellectually stimulating but no more, I stopped tilting at windmills when I became an atheist.

We'd all be a lot more boring without each other IMO.

I dare any god to reveal something useful in the next few posts. Like where will the next natural disaster be?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Didn't confuse you at all. Was just being as facetious as others tend to be from time to time, is all.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That is funny. I seem to recall Aguest being quite the hot topic even when she was not here... even in places now that she does not visit.

It IS funny, for obvious reasons.

Say what? Folks were WARNED? Had a CHANCE to avoid disaster? But DIDN'T? Because they... wait for it... DIDN'T LISTEN??

Name one unique or useful thing your auditory hallucinations has ever said to save someone.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You didn't have to be facetious. I was just stating that there were avenues to prevent some of the damages of Sandy. Some choose to take advantage, others did not to their possible detriment. It had nothing to do with a god.

• tec
    tec

I am against slavery of the mind and body in all it's forms and so I fight the ideas of those who seek to self identify as slaves

There is a conflict in this, Q.

(I do agree with you on the diversity of this place, with all its many people and their unique character, presents the lifeblood of this place.)

Peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

NO one here HAS to be facetious, dear Josie... but doesn't seem to be stopping anyone else. I personally am not of the mind of holding others to higher standards than I hold myself or those who approval I want. Oh, wait... I don't want anyone's approval, so... than I hold myself...

Gotta run! Puppies getting antsy!

A doulos of Christ,

SA... over (this thread)... and out...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit