Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

See, Kate? The above post is a common one here by JW apologists. Notice what was done here. EVERYONE here is judged as a "bitter person". They also call ANYONE that questions a SINGLE teaching of theirs as an "apostate".

The above poster also said: Those who leave the truth are brainwashed, as are any on here who are living a lie.

Interesting comment here. Number 1 is that this poster calls being associated with the Watchtower publishing organization as "the truth". However, the Bible says that JESUS is the truth. (John 14:6) If you ever became a JW and then left for ANY reason, they would shun you for the rest of your life (family and friends included, like the Amish), label you as an apostate, and declare that you are worthy to die at Armageddon.

I posted before about what cults do and how they respond. Please review that video, and compare it to what was said above. As you continue in your research you will see that JWs do NOT only follow the Bible. They claim to, but the reality is far different. In fact, they will also tell you that the Bible IS NOT ENOUGH. The Bible was not written for you, and the only way you can understand the Bible is by being taught by the 8 men in Brooklyn who claim to be the only faithful and discreet slave of Jesus. Sound like a cult to you?

Remember that NO ONE believes that they are in cult while they are IN it. NO ONE believes that they are being mind controled while it is happening. The above poster got ONE thing right. They are NOT brainwashed. There is a difference between brainwashing and mind control. While brainwashing is occuring, the person KNOWS it is happening. Not so with mind control. It is done slyly and without being noticed.

Please continue your research so you can save yourself and your loved ones a lifetime full of grief and pain. There is a REASON why so many leave and have left. If you do nothing else, please watch the 4th video I posted on this post. The fear that JWs promote absolutely ruins lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szHRlEQsPd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn_nctKz-N8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F79B9vJ9Gls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhNvX4_Qp4

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

my advice though would be just to research things yourself

This is my advice as well. Go to a good library or even several libraries. Use reputable Internet sources. Ask hard questions.

• cofty
    cofty

Hello Si1, welcome to the forum.

In what way do you think you are able to use your brain when you know you would be disfellowshipped and shunned by all your friends and fimily if you dared to publicly disagree with any significant doctrine of the organisation?

• Si1
    Si1

Cofty. no-one would be disfellowshipped for asking questions, itstheway you do it, the attitude behind.it.

• Si1
    Si1

Leaving because of being unrepentant over an act condoned by Jehovah to shun or not associate is scriptural. 1 Cor 5:9,10. Get over it, come to proper senses.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What if I didn't agree with their explanation, Si1? What if I absolutely reject the teaching of 607 in relation to 1914? What if I disagree with the claim that the GB was chosen by Jesus in 1919?

Also, you are incorrect Si1. You can be disfellowshiped by merely BELIEVING something different from what the GB teaches. I don't even have to talk about it to another person to be df'd. You probably don't know this because you are not privy to the letter to the BOE. But the WT tells them that an apostate is one that only BELIEVES something different than is taught by the WT$ publishing company. If you would like to read it, I or plenty of others here can direct you to the link that states it in black and white.

Also, Si1, you could face judicial action by being on this site. You may want to review 7/15/11 WT in regards to posting here: The Bible says that apostates are mentally diseased and that they use their teachings to make others think like them ... What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Leaving because of being unrepentant over an act condoned by Jehovah to shun or not associate is scriptural. 1 Cor 5:9,10. Get over it, come to proper senses.

I did not leave and was not kicked out because of any act. It was simply because I read all of the MANY false prophecies that the Watchtower made from their OWN literature. I brought this forward to the elders, and was immediately asked if I believed that the GB is the faithful slave. When I said I had my doubts, that was it for me.

You obviously have not been through a Judicial Committee meeting, Si1. I recommend you read the super secret elders book "Shepherd the Flock" and you will see that what you have been told and what the reality is DOES NOT FIT. It's not the same. You are repeating the lies you have been told.

One of those lies is: Everything that the WT has released is available to all Witnesses. Nope. Wrong. LOTS of secrets that you don't know about and are not allowed to read. In fact you are not allowed to even BIND the elders book if you are a woman. And if you are baptized man, you must do it in the presence of the elder to ensure that you do not mistakenly see what the WT has written in it. Why that level of secrecy, Si1?

• Si1
    Si1

You could not prove the teachings to be incorrect, while using the bible. Spreading own ideas, not waiting on Jehovah, iswhats wrong.

• Londo111
    Londo111

How many people did Jesus shun? (1 Peter 2:21, Luke 15)

• cofty
    cofty

Cofty. no-one would be disfellowshipped for asking questions, itstheway you do it, the attitude behind.it.

I didn't say "question" I said "publicly disagree". When you get baptised you surrender your right to think for yourself. The organisation is no different from North Korea, "all hail the Great Leader" who will now do all your thinking for you.

I was a JW for over 30 years and served as reg pio and elder Si! so please don't tell me how it works.

How long have you been a JW and why are you disobeying the govening body by posting on a forum?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit