Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Dear Katie82

I never was a JW - I view it from 'the outside'.

The most important thing, I think, is for you to ask questions, lots of questions, and push until you get satisfactory, checkable, answers that satisfy you.

One thing is for sure - if you 'join'the JWs in any sort of way, you will be discouraged from asking questions and any answers you get are unlikely to make any sort of rational sense.

Best wishes.

• Kate82
    Kate82

My word, the more i hear the more worried i get.

I am still struggling with my depression and guess im looking for a loving "family" to help me through. The otherthing is - please dont think im silly - i am terrified of dying. I guess tgat was a major pull towards the jws. The promise of surviving in a world of never ending happiness.

I must admit i dont know much sbout the bible, i know about adam, eve garden of eden etc, jesus dying and being reserected but what i dont know is how to talk to god, how to pray and thank him for all the good in my life, i dont know how to say grace all things i want to do.

I really am messed up and all alone. I have always loved the prayer "footprints in the sand" and have always liked to believe its true, but now it seems just when i need god the most hes left me. Just like the prayer.

I dont want to offend anyone and i hope i havent x

• ziddina
    ziddina

Honey, you're no longer "alone"...

You now have US.

About that "living forever" stuff...

You might want to re-think that.

It might be a LOT better, to just live happily, now - instead of putting your life off, in hopes of some nebulous 'future happiness' - that hasn't arrived yet.

Check out this link. You'll need to go down the page a bit to see what I'm referring to, but please do so. In nearly every high-control group thoughout history, the leaders have set a date for the "End Of The World" - and the Jehovah's Witnesses are no exception. which has the "International Bible Students/Jehovah's Witnesses" dates for "Armageddon", towards the bottom - starting around 1874:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

• kassad84
    kassad84

I feel alone too, if that helps. But everything will be alright.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Kassad84...

Welcome to the board!!

• kassad84
  • jgnat
    jgnat

For Kate, a video prayer from Psalm 23.

http://youtu.be/ervcj18qeyg

I am also on the hunt for you for some prayers.

• jgnat
  • Kate82
    Kate82

Kaddad84

I have sent u a message x

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I am still struggling with my depression and guess im looking for a loving "family" to help me through.

Please recognize that you are in a vulnerable position right now, and avoid making decisions you may regret later. You could be influenced by what is called "love bombing", responding to the attention you receive. By this I don't mean to imply bad faith; it is the combination of new-found attention and your vulnerable emotional state making you react to attention in a ways that do not reflect your true self

When you are hurting inside and need somebody to talk to, it's too easy to deny your doubts just to maintain the relationship with your new companion. Stay aware of what is best for your long-term interest, and strong enough to follow that path.

Good luck to you, Kate, and welcome aboard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit