Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Heaven
    Heaven

not waiting on Jehovah, iswhats wrong.

Watchtower's formula...

Pray More + Wait On Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and Problems Get Worse.

... is harmful and destructive. I watched it happen first-hand in my own family. I want nothing to do with it.

• cofty
    cofty

You could not prove the teachings to be incorrect, while using the bible.

You poor naive child.

There was a time most of us here would have laid down our lives for what you just said. Then we found the courage and intelellectual honesty to look at our beliefs objectively.

Which teachings do you have in mind, the ones the governing body teach now or the contrary ones they taught 20,30...80 years ago?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe offended Catholics who left their Church should've "waited on Jehovah" as well when their Hierarchy shuffled pedophile Priests to other parishes.

And why did Russell leave the Adventists over the difference of the ransom doctrine? Maybe he should’ve "waited on Jehovah" instead of leaving, creating his own group, and spreading his own ideas.

• Kate82
    Kate82

I know this may be a long shot.

But is there anyone who has a new wolrld translations bible and or official wt publications that they could/ woild b willing to send me??

Just so i can be fair and look up both dides of the argument??? Ta x

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

But is there anyone who has a new wolrld translations bible and or official wt publications that they could/ woild b willing to send me??

You could go to jw.org. They have the NWT online there as well as many of their publications. The problem is that they only have the publications released since 2000, since so many of their beliefs (that could not POSSIBLY be proven wrong from the Bible) have changed.

I recommend that you compare what they say on the website, with what they say in their publications. Take for example what they say about "Will only JWs be saved?" It's a good place to start because they have written PLENTY which state that if you are NOT a JW, you will die. However, they change their wording on the website to say that NO not only JWs will be saved.

Be aware that they use what they call war strategy. They outright lie about some things to make things appear more palatable for outsiders. It's not until you get "in" that you see the truth of the matter.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

sickandtired - and JWB

You have PMs...

JV

• Londo111
    Londo111

Kate: Remember the official website and public Watchtower and Awake is spin..."what might be called outsider doctrine". There is another layer of doctrine underneath or what we might call "insider doctrine". There is one voice to the public, another voice to the flock, another voice to the Elders.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Kate, to start you off with the JW website, compare what they say here: http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/ where they say "Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved? No.

To what they say here:

" To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization (The Watchtower society) and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb 15 p.12

They are being decietful in their comment that they are NOT the only ones that will be saved. However, it is possible to see that in reality they DO believe they are the only ones that will be saved. Notice that they only give 2 ways that you can be saved if you are NOT a Jehovah's Witness:

1. " Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation."

2. " Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God" (as part of the Watchtower organization), "and they too will gain salvation."

So the answer is the only ones that will be saved are the ones that died without hearing about JWs, and those that will EVENTUALLY become JWs before the end.

Everyone else will be destroyed.

They also say: " it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. " But the Bible DOES say who will be saved. It's clear as day in Acts 16:31. There is only one requirement: To believe in Jesus. That's it. Not a series of works.

Some good follow up research on this subject and what the WT itself has said about it here: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/organization.php

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Kate82 . . .

Take a few minutes and read this testimony / article. A real story by a real JW.

http://insidethewatchtower.com/families-and-children/a-testimony-of-faith/

JV

• perfect1
    perfect1

Kate I sent you a personal message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit