Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

You have come to the right place to learn everything about the JWs. This forum is the largest aggregate of info

on the witnesses that exists. 60,000 plus memb ers 4.3 million posts, 12 yrs in existence. On this site you can find

Elders

Pioneers

Cos

Gilead grauates

Bethel elders

Use the search function for any subject

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome,

Think very carefully about why you want to become one of JWs and what the consequences of that decision will mean.

00DAD

• elderelite
    elderelite

Id just like echo what blindersodd said. This isnt an ex jw board as many of us here are still jw's. Look forward to hearing your responses!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is a place for both current and ex-JWs to share thoughts, concerns and questions; to engage in meaningful dialogue and debate.

That is something that you will NEVER find in a Kingdom Hall.

• Nambo
    Nambo

There are some things you should be aware of before becoming a JW that the JWs will not draw your attention to.

One such thing is that you must reject your chance of living again after death in exchange for the privilage of becoming a JW, a bit like the pact musicians make if they sell thier soul to the Devil.

Read John Chapter 6 in a Bible where you will see Jesus state the requirement for everlasting life is to eat his flesh and drink his blood, then find out about the Witnesses most Holy day, when they refuse to do such at the memorial.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is also a place where if anyone tries to feed you lies, half truths and total B.S they will be picked up on it straight away.

That doesn't happen in a Kingdom Hall either.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Don't do it.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum. Its a pity more people don't ask for this sort of advice before they join.

There are many things you will not be told before you are fully committed and baptised. There is then no way to leave without a huge cost in terms of your relationships.

jwfacts.com is a great place to research as is the massive archive of discussions in this forum. If you have any questions please ask there is lots of experience here to help you.

• moshe
    moshe

Amazing news! Someone wants to be a JW!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kate. I'd like to say you are doing the right thing by posting here and seeking information.

I was an elder for some years and that is when my eyes were truly opened to the horror behind the facade of 'truth'.

Now, I'm not telling you to become a JW or not....it's YOUR choice.

After I saw how wicked things were behind the scenes I left the organization. As a result my marriage broke up and my JW wife left me. Obvoiously you only have my word for it.....but I tried to keep the family together for over 2 years. Than one day she left. Just like that!

Look behind the scenes Kate, get fully informed information. If you were going to buy a car you'd want full critique from both sides. You wouldn't just trust the manufacturer because they'd only give you their spin. This is the same with the watchtower.

If you question the elders about policies/doctrines you don't agree with, you'll soon be labelled a troublemaker at the risk of losing you friends and family.

BEWARE!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit