Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Very well said, Kate.

In addition to what keyser says above, this forum is especially sensitive right now. I've never known it as extraordinarily touchy as it is this week. Don't take things personally.

There are people around who are crying "troll" so often and so loudly you'd think they'd never even heard the story of the boy who cried wolf.

See what being a JW does to you. ;)

i'm going to send you a PM shortly. Keep checking!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Stay away from religion, in this case. Otherwise, you could easily get recruited into a destructive group. There are thousands of them out there.

Are you getting treatment for your depression?

Hi Kate...welcome back. I agree with leavingwt advice above and Witness My Fury.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kate. You can always PM the Punk or if you wish to ask me for my real FB account or ask for my email I'll try to help you and not accuse you of anything. I'm really friendly despite my avvy.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Hi Kate,

My Mom raised me to be a JW. My Dad was never one. She told me that I couldn't be part of my Dad's life because he was part of Satan's world. I missed sooooo many years not knowing my Dad. After my husband and I left the JW's, I finally got to know my Dad. He was a loving man and I was cheated out of all those years with him. JW's will change your life forever and if you leave them......it will change your life forever again.

Trust me.....been there....done that.....please be careful.

Strawberry

• Kate82
    Kate82

I am currently researching many religions trying to find help/salvation.

I am not studying with the jw's they are going to bring me a new world translations bible and a copy of the awake and watchtower magazines. I told them i didnt want to enter into a bible study at the moment, that i just wanted to study the material myself for now.

That was yesterday i really thought someone would have been here today, so maybe they have forgotton me??

• Kate82
    Kate82

I didnt know where to get the nwt so i called the contact centre and they said they would contact my local congragation.??

I am currently getting treatment for my depression. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to talk about cognital behaviour threapy (CBT)??? So fingers crossed...

Thanks again y'all x

• perfect1
    perfect1

(edited for now)

• Kate82
    Kate82

Punk and strawberry i have pm'd u both x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"As i am very easily led at the moment."

I'm not a psychiatrist or a religionist, Kate, but that statement worries me. A lot of people have been inducted into high control cults during periods like this.

Go to the library and get some good books on critical thinking. They will teach you the skills you need to know if someone tries to scam you with a shonky religion or product.

Ask yourself if you would be looking at Christian religions if your Mom wore a Burka?

And if you are depressed, seek profesional help and don't get sucked in by the first opportunist that happens to knock on your door.

Cheers

Chris

• Kate82
    Kate82

Perfect 1

Could pm me more about buddism belifrs etc... is that where u have to take your shoes off before praying and cover your head??

Thanks hun x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit