Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER, THAT IS TRUE;..." templeelijah, above

Ah, yeah, sure....

But the earth will be uninhabitable within a billion years - devoured by the sun when it "novas" in around 2 billion years...

The solar system will go dark and cold, then...

The Milky Way galaxy is in the process of colliding with another galaxy...

The "universe" itself - as we see it now - will eventually end, too...

See this link: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/end.html

And from that above link, comes this comment:

"However, the time it takes for really big fluctuations like this to occur is truly huge. It dwarfs all the time scales I've mentioned so far. So, it's probably not worth worrying about this issue too much: we don't know enough physics to make reliable predictions on such long time scales."

Problem is, if you live "forever", you WILL eventually have to be concerned with "such long time scales"...

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Katie82,

This is a verse for you:

Jesus said: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)

Just come to him as you are with all your problems and troubles. Give them all to Jesus.

How do you feel after you read what Templelijah posted. I found it depressing. That is what you're gonna get when you become one of them, they'll keep feeding you with these stuffs.

LOLA

FC

• perfect1
    perfect1

You dont need anyone to teach you to pray.

Just open your heart.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

You dont need anyone to teach you to pray.

Just open your heart.

So true!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is a religious group with a 130 year history of never having their god show up to do anything they said he would, likely to ever be able to offer you promises that this god is going to keep?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "How do you feel after you read what Templelijah posted. I found it depressing. That is what you're gonna get when you become one of them, they'll keep feeding you with these stuffs...." Fingers CRossed, page 6

Damm!! BEST response on this thread!!!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Kate, there are so many things you can do to get help and support without getting into a cult. As far as finding others that also love God and view each other as a family, have you tried going to a non denominational church? They are not judgemental like many denominations (i.e. JWs), they tend to be more accepting, and you can find plenty that have a solid biblical foundation, if that is what you are looking for.

The reason that JWs are so easy is that they come to your door. They offer to study with you, and you never even had to leave your own house to find them. That makes it incredibly easy.

Remember, though, that the Bible says that this would happen. Matthew 7:15 says that these false teachers would COME TO YOU in sheeps clothing. They will pull the wool overy your eyes and before you know it, you will be stuck. And the crazy thing is that you will be stuck for a long time before you even realize that you are stuck.

We here on JWN are not the people that JWs make us out to be. Each of us in our own way came to see that we were part of a mind control cult. Some of us were born into it. Some of us were converted by their coming to our doors (like they have done with you).

One of the biggest problems that JWs have when they start seeing that much of the organization is based off of a lie is that we felt that there was no where else to go. The vilify everything that is outside the organization. All religions are evil. All people that decided not to believe in God are evil. The whole world is evil and the ONLY place of saftey is within the JW organization. This made us feel like there was no way out. It also made many of us feel that there was something wrong wtih US personally for not feeling that saftey within the organization. Yes, at first we felt the love and saftey. But after the "love bomb" wore off, we were left with reality.

Look up a non denominational church in your area. Start reading your bible. The best defense against the cults is a solid foundation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven interrupts this discussion in an attempt to stamp out any depression going on....

Cute LOL Kitteh

OK, back to discussing thinking about being a JW. Although I'd recommend continual viewing of cute kittehs instead.

• Kate82
    Kate82

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks again for all your comments. And thanks for thd cute kitten pic hevan.

I had my return visit from the "sisters" i didnt open the door this time as i am still researching.

Although by what i have heard from the majority of u guys, i doubt this will be the last i see of them x

• Si1
    Si1

hi kate82.

I would advise you ignore all the posts from those who put you becomng a JW as they are bitter people. Being a JW is the best way of life. You will be making the mst sensible and intelligent choice. Those who leave are making the wrong choice. please do the right thing, and start a bible study. my advice though would be just to research things yourself, we have the truth, you will see this.

Regarding this false notion of us being brainwashed, that can be said with atheists, muslims false christians, but not JWs as they use their brains. Those who leave the truth are brainwashed, as are any on here who are living a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit