I'm a very happy witness of Jehovah

by ELPIRO 216 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sab..

How many JW`s do you Know..

That talk about Jesus,in Place of Jehovah?..

It doesn`t happen..

ELPIRO is EL-"FRAUD"-O..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• The Finger
    The Finger

Elpiro,

You are a funny person. "an article in Awake and people got carried away with it"

We are around the same age. I was baptised before you. I win.

This idea about 1975 was being taught in one form or another in the congregations for many years. Many people suffered hardship due to it. It may be years ago but I remember it well maybe you wish not too. It is probably not one of the best periods.

• sabastious
    sabastious

THe problem with 1975 was that it was an article in awake and people got carried away with it but the watchtower

El Piro there was a whole lot more than "one awake article."

Read this entire essay on Jw 1975 and post back your opinion: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sab..

How many JW`s do you Know..

That talk about Jesus,in Place of Jehovah?..

It doesn`t happen..

ELPIRO is EL-"FRAUD"-O..

It's always a strong possibility that my leg could be being pulled right now... but it's worth it because I get to brush up on my debating skills. So far he's throwing out all the programmed jargen so he must be being programmed, right?

His posts have a very convincing tone (watchtower aura), no?

-Sab

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

OUTLAW,

Jesus is in full control, His God has given him all authority in heaven and earth,

that is according to my bible and what I have learned from the Witnesses, if you think I shot my self in the

"foot" (let's clean it up)...........

¿What relationship does waiting on Jehovah God have with weather Jesus is in control or not?

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

In modern times such eagerness, commendable in itself, has led to attempts at setting dates for the desired liberation from the suffering and troubles that are the lot of persons throughout the earth. With the appearance of the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God, and its comments as to how appropriate it would be for the millennial reign of Christ to parallel the seventh millennium of man’s existence, considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975. There were statements made then, and thereafter, stressing that this was only a possibility. Unfortunately, however, along with such cautionary information, there were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated.

In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: “If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.” In saying “anyone,” The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Elpiro,

The slave didnt "contribute" they were totally responsible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

¿What relationship does waiting on Jehovah God have with weather Jesus is in control or not?.....ELPIRO

If you have to ask you......It means you don`t know..

Jesus is not in control,in Watchtower World..

Most JW`s don`t even like hearing,other religions Talking about Jesus..

You are the Worst Troll we`ve had hear yet..At least be Entertaining..

Even if you don`t know Shit about Jehovah`s Witness`s..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• factfinder
    factfinder

I began studying in the summer of 1976. When I was told witnesses thought 1975 was armageddon I told them it was a good thing it wasn't or my brother and I and my family would have been destroyed. Yet they said I had the right heart condition. It changed between 1975-1976? Why didn't I catch the stupidity of that then? Guess I was too amazed by their "friendliness" to me, the novelty of learning the Bible ( a rabbi said the bible is a book best kept closed!) and the huge printing operation.

yknot- I hope you will get your question answered by Elpiro.

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

The Witnesses had long shared the belief that the Thousand Year Reign of Christ would follow after 6,000 years of human history. But when would 6,000 years of human existence end? The book Life Everlasting—In Freedom of the Sons of God, released at a series of district conventions held in 1966, pointed to 1975. Right at the convention, as the brothers examined the contents, the new book triggered much discussion about 1975.

At the convention held in Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying: “Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, ‘Say, what does this 1975 mean?’” Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound. He stated, in essence: ‘It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’

In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit