I'm a very happy witness of Jehovah

by ELPIRO 216 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

That is a bit broad considering the scripture....

1)What exactly is the good news that the Apostle's were teaching?

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

Its not that drastic, I am free in Christ he paid my price, someone may suggest this or that,

but in my JW world as you say, people love one another and wish the best for each other,

My brothers are not looking in my window to catch me in something, we all wish we were perfect but were not

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Well, OK, I'll say, welcome first also.

But let's take a couple of practical problems, as to moving on.

1. There is no way, that someone like me who became a witness at 17, and spent most of my life in the org. could just 'move on'. There is no way that I could go to (fellow) elders and say, I think I made a big mistake 40 years ago. Armageddon has been the focus of our lives and it has not come - I want out, without having a committee meeting, being disfellowshipped and a family split and sundry unhappiness, is there?

Of course, maybe you could work to change that - you could go to the WTS and tell them - that in your opinion, there has to be some way to leave with dignity and not to be dragged through a kangaroo court by semi-paranoid elders who are deluded into thinking that they represent Yahweh and his divine court of the Universe, which is just a trifle delusional, don't you agree?

2. I do resent hearing lies. Recently I was at a friend's house with whom I had previously discussed the JW practise of dealing with those who want to leave, when witnesses called. He asked them if they did what I had told him. Of course not, was the reply, everybody is free to come and go as they decide. That was not the truth was it?

And more often, I've been with friends who've asked about 1975 and who've been told that individual witnesses got over-enthusiastic and ran ahead of the WTS. I do not know Elpiro, how long you've been a witness, but I was a witness in that critical period when Freddy Franz goofed, and I know that 1975 was a weekly, if not daily reminder.

In August/September (can't recall the exact date) 1975, when Nathan Knorr and Fred Franz came to Australia to let us down gently (haha). I was among the other elders in the Greenacre Assembly Hall (Sydney) when Nathan said, "I've got to say brothers, that there does not seem to be time now for all the things to happen that Brother Franz tells us must happen before Armageddon to happen." The plain implication being that everything that had been said for the previous 6 years or so was wrong.

I do not mind that error. Christian groups have ben getting this wrong for 2000 years. But, if they make a mistake, they ought to have the balls to admit the error and not to lie about it.

That pales, of course, beside my first point - that it is not possible to leave with dignity - and it should be.

BTW, I have gotten on with my life since leaving (and being disfellowshipped, and having a fragmented family - thank you. Yahweh). Aside from the fact that I've suffered financially, I thought I was happy inside the organisation. But I now KNOW that I'm far, far happier (inside myself) than I ever was as one of Yahweh's happy people. (Referring to the Assembly theme, way, way in the past - " The Happiness of the New World Society.")

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

It is not broad at all, it is very narrow,

the scripture tells you not to deviate from what has been declared

by the apostols of crist, and crist himself, The Good news that they were teaching

is the same good news that

Jw ARE preaching today, t

hat through crist we gain salvation from sin and have the aportunity to live 4 ever

• designs
    designs

Is this a divine comedy or just plain farce....

• yknot
    yknot

So the 'good news' is ....'Through Christ we gain salvation from sin and gain everlasting life'....

Isn't that what 'Christendom' teaches albeit some extended stay in 'heaven' until Rev 21... (well at least in the pre-millennialist belief)

Is the 'good news' you said above the 'TRUTH' that Jehovah's Witnesses mean when they say they have the 'truth'?

(Thank you for your patience and care for continuing to answer my questions!!!!)

• bohm
    bohm

[removed]

my manners, WELCOME! this surely seem to become interesting.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

El Piro,

what nationality are you?

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

1975 and Armageddon This was the focus 4 you and many others whom just did not tick to the bible, plain and simple, the time of the end is not known to even jesuscrist, The focus is Jehovah, we dedicated ourselves to him 4 eternity.

¿What makes you think that anyone else would know?--

That was Just speculation that snowballed out of control, and some articles that were written at the time fueled the fire--

But-- lets stick to the book we go by, and that is not any book written by Any elder or Governing body member, it is the BIBLE

1975 WAS around the time I got baptised but as I said before I have been a witness a long time, my mother was a witness

I Just heard from the brothers, one question does the bible say that we would know the day of the end? No end of story

• designs
    designs

well alrighty then..... you're the real deal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit