I'm a very happy witness of Jehovah

by ELPIRO 216 Replies latest jw friends

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

I am sorry I could not reply sooner but I just signed in as a new member and am only allowed 10 postings, we could designate the medical profession a false prophet, it advances with time, it gains knowledge, ¿who could have known? Progress……..

All of the anointed are far past the 1935 date, we all knew tat was wrong but we did not make a fuss, we partook because we knew what was up. We obeyed God.

We knew that the time would come when the matter would be resolved, if I would have left I would not have seen the correction.

The Watchtower is not the Vatican, where they are infallible. We all make mistakes.

The Watchtower never said that the end was coming in 1975. and if they had I would have believed the bible which states no one knows the date of the end.

The Organization has brought us the truth that we know today, the history of the organization shows a dedicated group of people trying to do god’s will. That is all.

I am very happy and very honored to be one of JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES-.

Another thing I wish to point out is that it seems to me that some of you quote the WATCHTOWER and what it says as it was the bible, it is not, it is written by a group of imperfect men. Bible FIRST, Then the WATCHTOWER. The bible does not make mistakes, the Watchtower Does

Abledbodiedman, The witnesses are Christian, salvation gained by accepting Christ as lord and savior, and recognizing the authority that has been given to him by his God and father JEHOVAH, I am sure you will share but as far as I know, the WATCHTOWER HAS NEVER, claimed that salvation can be obtained without Christ. Now you will either agree or show me I am wrong.

Thetrueone: We never hear of those people that oppose war, they would have been imprisoned with the witnesses, check history, there is no mention of any other organized religious org that taught to obtain from killing, some may have been imprisoned for political reasons but it is well known that Christendom has fornicated with the kings of the world.

SLAVE PLURAL-SINGLE: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?”—Matt. 24:45.

“Domestics” are house servants or slaves. As members of God’s household, such would be fed as a group, working with one another, knowing, associating with and helping one another. We will note, as we consider Jesus’ illustrative statement, that the term “slave” (singular number) here considers all the house servants together as a body, and that the expression “domestics” (plural) views them as individuals.

This view of a group of people, yes, even of a whole nation, as a slave or servant, was not new to Jesus’ disciples. Jehovah God himself had spoken several times to the nation of Israel as his servant. He said: “You, O Israel, are my servant, you, O Jacob, whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend; you, whom I have taken hold of from the extremities of the earth, and you, whom I have called even from the remote parts of it. And so I said to you, ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.’” (Isa. 41:8, 9) Making clear that this composite “servant” is made up of many individuals, the Creator said to the nation of Israel : “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen.’ . . . And now listen, O Jacob my servant, and you, O Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what Jehovah has said, . . . ‘Have I not from that time on caused you individually to hear and told it out? And you are my witnesses.’”—Isa. 43:10; 44:1-8; also 42:19; 44:21; 48:20; 49:3; Jer. 30:10.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It never stops.

The troll referred to souls. Does the Society now use soul?

What is the big achievement in defrauding people?

• whereami
    whereami

I can't believe I was one of these.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Elpiro you seem to be happy, more power to you :(

-Sab

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

VILLABOLO, u need to chill big time, We should all go sell our houses end dedicate ourselves to preaching,

but not everybody can do that, but IT'S a good goal to have, on the post the I answered before, the gentleman said that 1975 and Armageddon was their focus, the focus should be on Jehovah and not us or the end, I just got out my bible it says that not even the son knows the date

¿Why would you think that the watchtower WOULD have knowledge Jesus does not have, end of story, case closed on that, no one can say any different.

So basically, because people did not stick to the bible and its message it all got out of control for some, not for the ones that relied on the scriptures

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Another thing I wish to point out is that it seems to me that some of you quote the WATCHTOWER and what it says as it was the bible, it is not, it is written by a group of imperfect men. Bible FIRST, Then the WATCHTOWER. The bible does not make mistakes, the Watchtower Does

What happens if a JW questions what is in the Watchtower? They are disfellowshipped as an apostate just as quickly as a JW that questions that the Bible is God's word. The Governing Body puts the Watchtower on a pedestal, as a means of controlling the followers. They demand that it not be questioned, and destroy families through shunning when it is. They only ever admit to it being infallible when being called to account for their errors.

It is nice you are happy as a JW, however, you are only in that state because of a comfortable state of ignorance, as shown in comments of yours; such as, only JWs do not go to war.

• yknot
    yknot

.... El Piro....

Welcome back!

I agree with the Bible first concept and I remember many Elders who believed so in the early 80s too.!

However admittedly I am far more 'Organizational' in my understanding than Scriptural which is why I hope you consider resuming your patience with my exploration of your understanding of Gal 1:6-9

Huggles!

(Please yall let me run with this without distracting him......purdy please )

• sabastious
    sabastious

the gentleman said that 1975 and Armageddon was their focus, the focus should be on Jehovah and not us or the end, I just got out my bible it says that not even the son knows the date

¿Why would you think that the watchtower WOULD have knowledge Jesus does not have, end of story, case closed on that, no one can say any different.

So you are challenging the writing policies of the 1975 "Jehovah's Mouthpeice Crew" Eh? What do the Governing Body have to say about people who challenge their predictions or interpretations?

Let's use the their publication to find the answer:

Watchtower Nov 15th 2009 - Treasure Your Place in the Congregation p5: "The spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience" is so widespread that it is like the air we breathe. (Eph. 2:2) That spirit can cause us to think that we do not need guidance from Jehovah's organization. Surely we do not want to be like Diotrephes, who would not 'receive anything from the apostle John with respect.' (3 John 9, 10) We need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num. 16:1-3) On the contrary, we should cherish our privilege to cooperate with the slave class. And should we not strive to be obedient and submissive to those taking the lead in our local congregation?--Read Hebrews 13:7, 17.

So if the Watchtower says something today that you cannot rightly agree with with because they are going against the scriptures as they did in 1975 what would happen to you when you spoke up?

You do seem like the person that would stick up for the Bible in that occasion would you not?

-Sab

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

JWFACTS,

It is not that easy to disfellowship one of our brothers, and specially just because he is asking a question about doctrine,

now in any group, if you don't agree with them, after discussing the matter you can either try to change everyone opinion right away or wait be patient, Jesus is in control.

Obviously if you rebel and try to have it yr way yr going to get ousted

• sabastious
    sabastious

Elpiro,

It seems ok, in your book, to challenge the Governing Body in retrospect to get the current Watchtower leaders in the clear. The Governing Body would applaud your attempts at defending them, but your methods should only rightly used in retrospect...because they are caught red-handed if you apply the same logic to their current teachings.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit