I'm a very happy witness of Jehovah

by ELPIRO 216 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

(Rev. 1:5) . . . , 5 and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”

“The firstborn from the dead,” and “The Ruler of the kings of the earth

Well, ACTS is quite clear that WE are to be witnesses for Christ:

6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

It is fine to want to immulate Christ, it is is also good to follow his Word to Us, and his word was for US to be witnesses to HIM.

The Old Covenant jews were witnesses to YHWH, but the New Covenant followers of Christ are witnesses to Christ.

So I ask you, are you of the Old Covenant or the New?

Jesus set the example that we should imitate, did he not? . . . Why is it so important to get to know both Jesus and his Father? (John 17:3)’
    This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ

To know God we must first know His Son for in His Son is revealed all the Glory of Our Father.

How can you know The Father without knowing the Son? and how can you know the Son without being witness to Him ?

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Elpiro, how do you expect to be taken seriously, when you are breaking your own rules? - JW are basically FORBIDEN to communicate with apostates or with those who are no longer JW.

What's your "excuse"?

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

Hortz,

And how do you expect me to take you seriously when you make that

Statement which you know is not true. You are willing to take this freedom with words,

stating something false as fact and or twisting the truth to bend it for yr agenda of discrediting the Witnesses.

Where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.”—2 CORINTHIANS 3:17.

“For this I have been born and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.

Everyone that is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.” (John 18:37)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Careful El,

2 Corinthians is NOT YHWH but Lord because of Paul means LORD in 3:17 then when he says this 2 Corinthians 4:5

5 For we do not proclaim ourselves; we proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake

Now, you aren't insinuating that Paul is saying that Jesus is YHWH, are you?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

El Piro you've still not answered mine and Ynots question concerning what the "kingdom of God" is that is found in the Bible and taught by members of the WTS , just condense and give a brief description of this Kingdom of God?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

This time I think I'll use an accent...LOL

• cofty
    cofty
    JW are basically FORBIDEN to communicate with apostates - Hortenzie

how do you expect me to take you seriously when you make that Statement which you know is not true - Elpiro

Watchtower 1993 November 1 p.19
    "True Christians share Jehovah's feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they "feel a loathing" toward those who have made themselves God's enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance."

By the way Elpiro, how do you account for the transformation in your posts in 24 hours?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah allowed Jesus and his followers to perform resurrections and many miracles to prove this had God's baking......ELPIRO

Any one who saw a Miracle..or was Resurrected..

"Was able to taste Gods Baking"..

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/images/2009-5-1-Volcano-baking.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

Ray Franz, formerly of the Governing Body, was disfellowshipped for eating a single meal with a disassociated person who happened to be his employer.

Didn't you know that?

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Welcome to the board, ELPIRO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit