Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I have a hunch its Wannabe, under another name, but I could be wrong. These delusional self-righteous trolls show their true colours fairly quickly.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Bane,

You seem really eager to pick a fight. Go ahead and keep trying Bane, you are about as threatening as the looney on the corner talking to his invisible friend/s. (you might have to think about that one for a minute). Have you got any sticks and stones? If you do then be ready to defend yourself. But words....they can be powerful only if one allows them to. I have in the past when I had little choice.

But back to the debating, I still cannot get past this part where you say:

No one is the master of my faith but me. Tired of that old trick too. ¨You can´t come here because society says so and so¨BLAH BLAH BLAH. Like I said, new material from apostates is greatly needed here.

Really....have you tried that particular approach on the local body of elders? Better yet write a letter into the society, and if responded to, please post it here for all to enjoy. I assume since you do not have the hypocratic attitude of a fader like myself that you have, of course, let the local elders know you are here showing us the light of truth and wisdom? hmm?

And back to manners, at what point in your insulting ramblings do you think you are being even remotly polite? I am willing to be fair and not just assume you are a troll looking to start the flames going, but to be honest I cannot seem to find any other explanation at this point (other than insanity) that would fit.

• tec
    tec

When someone is raped they deal with it and MOVE on with their lives.

Just so you know (cause I have a feeling this one will earn you some backlash) rape victims do move on, but the act is always with them. And like every other aspect of life, different people handle things differently. Some do decide to join communities of support for survivors, to come to terms and recover, and then stay to help others who have been hurt.

That's the way it is for some people here. For other people, they're angry. Very angry, because the harm isn't finished for them - such as those who have loved ones still inside. They need somewhere to go for advice and to vent. Other people join to be able to discuss anything from atheism to fundamental-literalism. A community has a bit of everyone, as does this forum, and most of the people here are very sincere. So again, some people continue to come here because they have made friendships.

Hope that helps you understand why people can choose to be here for so long. And I hope you are sincere as well, rather than just looking to stir things up.

Tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I/we've told you why but you don't seem to listen or comprehend. Sounds like a personal problem.

He's here to stir things up, already admitted to that.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

BANE, I just get the feeling that you are one of those religious fundamentalists who thinks they have god in their pocket, and everyone else is damned. As for moving on with our lives; the WTS has taken our families hostage. That makes it an ongoing concern.

• tec
    tec

Bane - the org hasn't done anything to me, and I haven't painted them out to be anything. I just don't agree with their teachings, or that they are a sole channel for God to the rest of the world. I'm a two year bible study who quit before joining, because I could not believe that more than six billion people were going to die at Armageddon, with no hope for a resurrection. (including children) THEN I went and researched the history of JW's, and found many other reasons to feel sure about not joining.

And therapy doesn't help a rape victim 'get over it'. It helps them deal, and move on with their life. But the act never fades completely. (If you're speaking from personal experience, then I'm happy for you. If you're not, then you should think about the fact that others could be.)

Tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Religious fundamentalists? No. I am one of JEHOVAH´S WITNESSES.

That's what I'm talking about. Dubs ARE Christian fundamentalists, like it or not.

They could leave IF they wanted to. Your family is there because they WANT to be. No one is holding a gun to their heads.

The WTS, your beloved organization, has promised them eternal life if they are good, and they are silly enough to believe it. Isn't that a gun to the

head?

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Ah Bane, you've sucked me in agian.

Tech, Insanity is bad talking a religion for years after you have left it. That is insanity.

Certainly, I could not agree more. However, I think the clinical diagnoses would be closer to obsesive disorder, or maybe PTSD. So is the fixation for visiting web sites that you know are forbidden to your faith, yet here you are. We all deal with our issues in different ways and sometimes it can take the rest of our lives, however long it lasts.

¨Try that approach to your body of elders etc.¨ Again, old apostate tired hat. They don´t want someone like me exposing them so they draw that card....AGAIN AND AGAIN....Since they CANNOT take the heat they try to use that old apostate logic. It fails everytime.

Ignoring the fluff in that sentance, in my understanding you basically state: Your argument is invalid because it has been used before. Huh? explaine how prior use invalidates my position? Then a blanket statment that it fails every time. What supports that statement? Have you tried talking to the elders about your activity on this site and how appropriate it is for a JW? Have you asserted your right to master your own faith? (you might have to explain what you mean exactly) Also be sure to include your derision on the instructions from the "faithfull and discrete slave" on exposing yourself to the "seductive reasoning" of apostates.

You are in effect, by disobeying such clear instuction, guilty of appostacy yourself.

In short: In my opinion, you display all the anger and agression of someone with some deep seated doubts about what you believe and, in your fear, lashing out at those who threaten your sense of stability. If you are here, it is my assertion that you WANT to be here so that even if you cannot find the courage to express your true feelings, you can be close to your fellow apostates. Although your approach is disfunctional at best and I would suggest some professional counseling.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Mrsjones, I see your programs are off TV. Rather quickly..Can´t wait to get back and bash some witness teachings huh?

Goodnite little man.

Techdot, I like your style.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

BANE- the cause of distress,death, or ruin (one definition in websters)

You guys/gals know that he/she picked that handle for a reason. This is more than likely a teenager that can't hold his/her

own in a debate because there's absolutely no substance to their remarks. The most BANE can get out is I've heard it all

before blah blah blah. It would be nice to see some bite behind that bark but alas I feel this is going to be another one

of those hit and run type trolls that try for their 15 minutes of fame on a forum just to try to stir things up and then leave

after it has been evidenced how shallow their cognitive skills and reasoning ability truly are.

But just so he doesn't hi-jack this thread lets get it back on subject. Read the title of thread.

Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

I'm currently an inactive J.W. in process of fading for families sake but to be honest I'd rather just tell them thanks but no thanks.

If push ever comes to shove, I'd DA before I'd let them DF me. Like at a job I'd quit long before giving them the satisfaction of firing me.

*Edited to add: I see that you just joined the forum about 4 days ago BANE. Where are my manners? WELCOME!!

Just the fact of you being here is a testament in itself. I hope to hear more about your J.W. life in the near future.

You will hear much here. Some you will maybe agree with and some you will not. But one things for sure...you can't unring a bell.

AS Paul put in 1 Thess.5:21"Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine."(NWT)

And Jesus said at John 8:32"and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free"(NWT)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit