Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

Okay, Isaac. Replied you on your mail.

Tec...... long and wide issue.

To understand John 10:16 you must understand the context of that verse.

CONTEXT IS:

1st LEVEL: 10th Chapter of John

2nd LEVEL: Complete Gospel of John

3rd LEVEL: Complete "Christians Greek Scriptures" or "New Testament"

4th LEVEL: Complete Bible

I am still on 2nd level.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Do you want a cafeteria approach to the Bible Issac?

This is an interesting remark given that the "compilation of writings" known as "The Bible" can also be viewed as a cafeteria approach to the religious writings existing during the initial growth of Christianity. Certainly those who decided which writings would be included in "official" canon took it upon themselves to decide which ones would be considered the word of God and which ones would not. Regardless of one's 'faith', simple historical facts remain - there existed a body of religious writings from which a "group of men" chose and declared are the word of God. If "men" can do this, why cant "men" (and "women") take it upon themselves to explore, research,question and decide which parts within "officigal canon" may or may not be truly from God?

• tec
    tec

Thanks, Isaac and Titus.

I have read John, the NT, and the bible in entirety, but I've never once 'seen' that application of John 10:16. I don't think anyone should have to search that hard for context (though I've certainly done it to myself before :) ) But I won't speak any further on this topic, at least not here, out of respect for Titus' wishes.

Tammy

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

feel free to pm me Tammy at any time if you would like to discuss this or any other Bible topic.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Titus;

JWFacts.com may be of interest in regards to the UN scandal,also it documents the Malawi/Mexico case in which The WTS sent thousands of it's brothers to rape/torture/imprisonment/murder yet a double standard ensued by allowing it's Mexican brethren to purchase forged/stolen National Service Exemption Certificates.Anderson Info and Silent Lambs document hundred of child abuse cases world wide.

• Titus
    Titus

No, Tammy, you can discuss that if you want. I will not participate this time. You can if you are willing to.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just a few pointers

• Titus
    Titus

Thanks Jook.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Titus you're a freaking idiot! The Watchtower admitted to be part of the UN.

Watchtower admits it's was part of the UN.

• Titus
    Titus

Blue Grass.....................

Don't make me laugh.....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit