Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I consider myself an ex jw. Inactive x 8 years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Born in. Never Baptised. Ran away from home at 17 to escape the cultishness, but still not fully comprehending that they were not selected by Jesus. I left that until I was 52 and made a lot of mistakes in the meantime.

I had left with the attitute that God could kill me at Armageddon because I could not submit to the lifestyle thrust at me by the cults leaders.

Before 1975, I went back to meetings and had my foot in the door when their dates passed without fanfare. I soon drifted out again with the same mindset I had when I dissappeared at 17.

I am not shunned.

Cheers

Chris

• yknot
    yknot

Petey my boy....

Give yourself a big pat on the back for waking up so young!

Think of how many more opportunities you will have that we passed on because of loyalty to an Org that really doesn't care if we live or die so long as we have passed out their magazines and promoted their social club!

You have a bright future ahead of you......... seize it with both hands and ride it for all it is worth! Give more than you take, love and be loved.

• not a captive
    not a captive

I was officially X-ed by the elders sometime during these last 3 months. But in away I was gone over a year ago. I was baptized 21+ years ago. I am almost 58 years old.

• lesabre
    lesabre

i'm 27.... was babtized at 13. stopped giving talks at 18 (panic attacks). stopped field service at 21. haven't been to a meeting or anything for 5 years. "woke up" 6 months ago. lol. i consider myself a "searching non-trinitarian christian with a JW past". lol. but no body ever asks me in everyday life.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I started fading in December. I haven't been to meetings in several months now.

Every day that passes feels better and better!

-mentallyfree31-

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am an active exjw...been df'd for 21 years.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm a human bean.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I'm "inactivated."

I was basically born-in, baptized at 19 (why didn't I run away and go to University!?!?), stopped field service 2 years ago, and recently began my fade from the meeting over the past few months.

If I wasn't afraid my son would abandon me when he was older, I would DA myself...he's super close with his Daddy.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was baptized and I stopped going to meetings in 1983.

I'm an ex. But I'm not disfellowshiped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit