Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

BANE, I AM active Jehovah's Witness.

Yes, that's why I am here. Only because of John 10:16. And nothing else.

I don't believe Ray Franz.

I don't believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are/were affiliated with UN.

I don't believe that our so-called "leaders" cover-up pedophiles and pedophile scandals.

I believe that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE.

I don't believe that New World Translation is biased.

I appreciate our brothers, like Russell, Rutherford, Uncle Franz, GB members, old sister in Cleveland congregation, and you also.

Other posters "stoned" me for those statements before, but I never denied that. I sign ti again.

So? Do you wanna have a fair conversation with me?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

But just in case your lil mind missed the info on Acts...the scenario is about asking the Gentile to follow what sojourners in the land of Israel during the day of the Law of Moses had to adhere to- listed in Leviticus ch 17 and 18. They are listed in Acts in the same exact order. Lev is speaking of eating animal blood.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Titus does not belive Ray Franz- I can attest to that since Titus and I disagreed on that. It has not disrupted the peace though.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

John 10:16...and I have other sheep not of this fold

Do you think Jesus was preparing the Jews (who he was speaking to in this text) that the Gentiles would soon be joining the fold (which they did soon thereafter)?

Or is it reasonable to believe that Jesus was telling the Jews that in 2000 years when they are all dead another group of Christians, with another hope, would appear on the scene? And Jesus never mentoned these 'other sheep' again.

• Titus
    Titus

That's my doubt, Isaac. I thoroughly studied John's gospel, and cannot find any argument for my "official belief".

I would really like to discuss that with some active, faithful Jehovah's Witness.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, understood Titus. I will stay out of this topic unless you invite me in. I am willing to talk about it in more detail at any time via email, pm, on here...if you so choose to. No hard feelings either way.

• Titus
    Titus

It would be interesting. Still, I would like to talk with some Witness first. Faithful and active and who appreciates Bible. Do you remember this thread: CONVERSATION-NO-1 ?

Do you have my e-mail? You can write me on [email protected] or [email protected]

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

titus, pmd you my email

• tec
    tec

Okay, I'm curious now. I'm beginning to see that I did not learn all that much about the organization during my bible study.

The 'other sheep' that Jesus referred to... is that scripture supposed to have a different meaning for JW's, other than that it was referring to the gentiles? Is that how the gap of proper teaching between Jesus time and now is explained?

Tammy

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Tammy,

The WT teaches 'other sheep' to be those of the 'earthly class'. Ephesians ch 2 makes pretty clear who these 'other sheep' are...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit