Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

They don't talk like trailer trash anymore..... HA Bane your so worldly .... like you would know. I live in Boston you know how we learned the ABC's you Simpletin? Fucking A fucking B fucking C.

Talking to those who have been scared by your lovely Socitey of Bro's and Sis's does give me joy. It is nice to know you were not the only one who went thru that shit.

You called me trailer trash....... you have no Idea. I'm worse!

I'm Vagabundo de Favela.... voce e um caralho!

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Sigh....

Bane,

1) I understand where you are coming from with your dismay over the level of anger and hostility. But please first do not equate one or even many people you meet on an internet forum like this and expect the same social norms you may be used to. The somewhat anonymous or at least faceless nature of the internet means that people often feel more free to speak thier mind in a unfiltered manner. Unfortunatly this can and is often unproductive. Still the potential benifits of communication can and often do outwiegh the lack of manners and tact. Bottom line try to be a bit more thickskinned about the language and realize that anger/hostility directed at you on an internet forum cannot actually threaten you. With that you can simply choose to read and participate while enduring the discomfort or choose to not come to this site.

2) You must realize, being a JW that there is no online forum or information online approved by the WTS other than thier website. That in of itself is enough of a reason that if found out and if no repentance displayed, that you could be df'd for loose conduct. Faithful in little and faithful in much. The organization does not want you here. Still here you are.

3) The people here enjoy doing so, for whatever reason. I can empethize with those who come here to vent when they cannot do that in any other manner without much greater risk of shunning by family and friends. I myself don't spend alot of time on internet forums in general for the very problems I addressed in my first paragraph. I don't live a secret life though. I don't preach and I don't attend meetings except to help my with with our 3 little ones and to often just make her feel less akward when she has to go alone like a single mom. I try to keep a low profile as to not cause trouble but honestly I don't think anyone who hangs around me at all is fooled into thinking I'm a faithful witness. In fact someone who I considered a freind at one time came to my wife when I wasn't home and counseled her on how best to deal with living with an apostate. This is something I consider at best, bad manners, and very innapropriate. I do not however equate his manner with all witnesses, I just wanted to point out that I'm not living a double life, just mine as best I can.

To the rest of you,

Try to give the guy a break, he's one guy not the whole organization and he came here, try to use a little more honey and alot less vinager. I heard it's better at something.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

techdotcom;

that is a fine post

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have been nice but he mistakes that for weakness and disparages my character when he knows not one wit about me and how I live my life. I've never done drugs, I don't drink, I don't go out at all times of night, I'm not loose nor do I bed a multitude of men, I don't lie, cheat or steal nor do I suffer anyone who does. Bane has the classic jw attitude of if you're not a jw you must be doing something wrong or you're so morally bankrupt that you couldn't tow the line and stay in jw wonderland. That's not the case for me or many of the fine folks on this board. This is a place for us to support one another, Bane would rather us to dig a hole and jump in and stop talking about his precious bOrg. That may have happened in the past to unfortunate exjws but not now and never again.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Quoting BANE,

Hm....Didn´t the apostles ALSO select dates? Didn´t they all choose a date then go ask Jesus if he was bringing the end then? Oh yeah, they did it TWICE. Did Jesus not use them anymore?

Could you tell me where in the bible Jesus' disciples or apostles set dates? I would really like to see that.

I remember them asking him if he was restoring the kingdom to Israel at that time. But never setting dates as to when

it would occur. Could you enlighten me on this please?

Also on my other point about Jah using an org, could you tell me who the org was that he used before the WT society?

In other words who handed off the baton to them?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope not bitter, just tired of you. Community is on and Burn Notice is back ya'll and it's good to not have to go to kingdumb hell.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

When I came here in 2003 posting under a different name, I was undecided.

After being here a few years I definitely became xjw.

Now, I only check in from time to time and I am so "ex" that I am almost an ex xjw.

They really have no hold on me at all now, only passing interest since it claimed half of my life.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Being tired of you doesn't mean I will go away and leave this board. Been here too long and I like it here. But you, you'll be gone soon enough. I'm very patient.

• tec
    tec

Tired of me? Yeah I drove the apostates crazy over at the Religion board at IMDB. They all gave up.

But coming here was completely innocent? (As in you didn't think it was apostate?)

Tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just admitted to have an agenda, innocent my arse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit