Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

OK, cantleave................

I was member of local Church Library, and never had any problem in congregation...........

So..........

Please.................

• cantleave
    cantleave

All I can say to that Titus is there is a different standard in Eastern Europe to that in the UK. But there again that doesn't surprise since there were different standards on neutrality in Mexico and Malawi.

In the UK if I joined a Church Library I would lose any congregation privileges and be disfellowshipped if I didn't quit.

• Titus
    Titus

Really? I am sorry. I didn't know that.

Are you allowed to visit (like tourist or artist) cathedrals, temples, mosques and museums if you are JW?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is highly frowned upon. It is felt churches are the "lurking place of demons" and therefore no place for visit. I remember not being allowed to attend a school trip Salisbury as one of the components was a tour of the Cathedral.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Titus..

The WBT$ did`nt join the UN so you are right about that..

The WBT$ "did have an an association" with the UN..

That goes against everything they preach to JW`s..

That makes the WBT$ hypocrites..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Titus
    Titus

Really Cantleave? I am surprised....

But even apostle Paul visited pagan temples, on regular basis probably.

Paul now stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said: “Men of Athens, I behold that in all things YOU seem to be more given to the fear of the deities than others are. For instance, while passing along and carefully observing YOUR objects of veneration I also found an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore what YOU are unknowingly giving godly devotion to, this I am publishing to YOU. (Acts 17:22, 23)

Or, take AWAKE magazine, 2003 7/8 p. 16, read article Barcelona—An Outdoor Museum of Color and Style. It says:

Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia church (5), is perhaps the most noteworthy example of his originality. The four steeples on the north facade look like ripples of solidified wax that has dripped down the sides of four towering candlesticks. Dwarfing the surrounding buildings, these soaring towers have become the international symbol of Barcelona.

There are also some photos of that church....... It means that writer from Spain visited that church.

So? Why you JWs in UK cannot visit church?

• Titus
    Titus

Hey OUTLAW..

The WBT$ did`nt join the UN so we are right about that..

The WBT$ "did have an an association" with the UN.. yeah..... and???

The WBT$ is Publishing Company, it is not the Preaching Company, so it doesn't preach to anybody..

That makes you hypo-cry..

.................... ...TITUS

• cantleave
    cantleave

There isn't a ban but caution is required. I think partly because there maybe a danger that the visitor may feel obliged to give a donation or even get involved in worship!!!

My mother was so anti any thing to with Christendom that a visit to cathedral was never going to happen. But it wasn't just my mother (who is a complete nutcase). This attitude toward anything to do with churches was common.

I know that membership of the YMCA is absolutely a no no, there was an QFR back in the 70's about it - despite the fact the YMCA pools had been used for baptisms in the decades before.

• Titus
    Titus

OK, cantleave. I agree with you on that. It is not official policy of JWs, but of some individuals. I have no problem with visiting church, or being a member of the local Church Library. So, I don't see a problem in using the UN library. I believe there is no hypocrisy in that.

But guys - you can believe whatever you want. I don't force you to accept my view, so please don't you force me to accept yours.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Titus..

Are you aware in order to have an association with the UN,the WBT$ had to print UN information about the UN in the WBT$ literature?..

It was no simple association..There were requirements..

If the WBT$ only wanted to borrow books from the UN library..They could have ordered them from any government library in the USA..

The WBT$ chose an Arangement that would require them to work for the UN DPI..

.................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit