Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I am a dedicated, willful, and unrepentant ex-JW.

Started studying at age 7 in 1951, going to meetings at 8, ministry school at 9, International Convention in NY in 1953, vacation pioneered at 11, 12, 13, and 14. Went to International Convention in NY in 1958. Vacation pioneered in 1959. Gave first public talk at 15 1/2. Started dating a Catholic girl at 17. Married at the KH in 1962. Wife baptized JW in fall 1962. Gave public talks all over circuit in 1963. Started to fade in 1965. DF'd in 1966. Wife was in until 1973, but I was a DF'd husband during that time. Because of 1975, wife pressured me in 1969 to go back or she'd leave me. She left me in 1971. She quit the JWs in 1976 and went back to being Catholic. I've only been in KHs for the funerals of my parents in 1985 and 2006, and for my step-mother in 1988.

Started becoming active in the ex-JW educational movement in 1998. Now edit and webmaster www.ex-jw.com.

I guess that means I'm an "outie" - not an "innie"!

14 years in and 45 out. Thank God for Ray Franz!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because she may have to, Bane! She might have family that will actively shun her and she doesn't want to lose that family connection. Some folks are that attached to their families. Get it?! Geez! Folks have their reasons and who the hell are you to judge, Bane. And how can I be paranoid if you all ready know my real name? That doesn't make sense, does it?

• Think About It
    Think About It
    This board actually started as a true Jehovas-Witness site (!)
    But when people come together and things beeing discussed with open minds... the board turn into what it is today.
    Amazing. if you asked me...
    No wonder the Witnesses keep such a tight rein on their members, if this web site is the end result of open, honest thought and critiques!

I found this very interesting. Knew the board started out pro-JW and later turned X-JW, but never really gave thought as to why or how. Makes sense now all the warnings the WTS was giving to not gather in large groups, have open discussions with others or have anything to do with online people. Amazing what discussing WTS BS can lead to.

Think About It

• Think About It
  • Bubblie
    Bubblie

Ex-jw. Left in 2005. Not df'd or da'd but belong to the Disfellowshipped club on Facebook, lol!

Kit

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Active ... finally came to realize earlier this year that it is not the Truth(r), in emotional turmoil to a degree because I'm not good at living a lie, I know I have to get out by DA because I would want a clean break without wondering when an elder would pop up. Trying to plant seeds while I can in my wife and children's minds. I figure I have to risk losing them because it would really be their choice and tough love would hopefully be the right thing to do. (If you have thoughts about this, please PM me, I can use input.)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I never said I thought it was easy. What I'm trying to impart to you is that I understand why some have to go to such measures. I have empathy for those who do, I don't judge them and demand a reason why they think that have to do it. You're the one who seems to think that these folks are taking the easy way out.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you haven't noticed yet she hasn't answered you so I guess she thinks you don't deserve an answer...maybe it's your attitude or perhaps it's none of your damn business.

• Titus
    Titus

BANE! Welcome!

Yes, welcome!

• wobble
    wobble

X jw me,

Inactive since spring 2007. walked away spring 2008. Not DA or DF , many of my family still in, twonks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit