Are you an active Jw or an ex-jw?

by XPeterX 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Titus
    Titus

BANE, what exactly do you wonder?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Stay a while and read the topics and posts of this site and I think you will figure it out.

• Titus
    Titus

BANE, like Mrs. Jones said, stay here for a while. I am active Witness. You know how it goes when we study with people - we can't answer them all their questions at first visit. So we come again and again.

Be patient.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Haven't been to a meeting in almost 5 years. Have been inactive for even longer than that.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You mean there is more on the internet than this site? Sitting around with my friends having beers and talking about my JW days just don't mix. They can't understand how I didn't see it was a cult. Then they think I'm lying about some of the stories I tell about Elders and Door 2 Door. Why come here and talk about the fools in NY? It's fun. If you don't like it here go back to the Hell and hear about the Generation understanding for the 6th time in 25 years.

I was in a JW marriage over 20 years not very happy.......... still talk about that. I wouldn't call it filling a void... I found out my Kingdom Hell was not unique they are all the same, all over the world.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're missing the point Bane. Folks come here to tell their experiences, to talk to folks who know what the hell they're talking about. I can talk about being raised in the org to my husband but since he's never been on the inside he can't really relate or understand my experiences. To him it's all kookiness. But here on this board folks know and that's the fun part.

And it's not about you.

Oh and another thing, by the grace of the owner of this form we exjws have this forum to converse, joke around, support, and love on each other when those we left behind won't acknowledge we're even alive. This board is here and there are no elders or other wt honchos telling us what we can or cannot talk about or who we can or can not talk to. It's Sweet Freedom.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I agree Mrs.Jones

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm sorry but I never got baptised. It never felt right so I never took the plunge but that doesn't protect me from family members who think I did and know that I married a nonjw and now live a basicly "worldly" life. Which is fine, I've made do without those who would treat my family and I that way.

So if has been so great for you why are you still here now that you know what this place really is? You don't have a prayer of persuading any one of us here to go back, so why stay? My advice still stands, instead of assuming just read and get to know us before you make rash statements like you just did about me.

P.S. 20 years of servitude to the wt doesn't impress me, if I had taken the plunge I would have been a third generation jw on both sides.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There you go assuming again. I did my study, found the information provided by the wt wanting and lacking. I'm not the sort of person to be told I have to believe one way and I can't do outside research. In my research using only bound volumes I found that things didn't add up. As time went by my conclusions were confirmed. I'm glad I didn't get baptised into the bOrg, it would have been the biggest mistake of my life. But like I said before, I like coming for the people I've met - we're going to meet up in Tahoe this summer again, it's gonna be a blast like last time.

So keep on putting your foot in your mouth, makes no different to me and it shows what kind of person you really are (judgemental and a tad mean - the bOrg has taught you well ) and why I'm so happy not to be in jw wonderland.

P.S. Where did six years come from? I never said that. I think you have me confused with someone else. Oh now I get it, you're looking at that number over there <------. You haven't been here long enough to know that that number is a bit off for some of us long timers. I've been here longer than that and have been on other exjw boards and chatrooms before coming here. I left the bOrg long before coming online.

P.S.S. Oh and the lame attempts at character assassination is priceless.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane,

Let's talk about disfellowshipping and what the Bible says about it. Please direct me to where shunning, an enforced shunning at that is advocated in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit