Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mega,

I can appreciate that sentiment, but in this regards, I am not sure what science has to do with it...

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"I can appreciate that sentiment, but in this regards, I am not sure what science has to do with it..."

Science is our understanding of the universe and its workings. Whether there are intelligent entities dwelling within this universe is a scientific question that must be answered to further our knowledge of the way things are.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Megachusen,

A valid point, and how would science address the issue of these inteligent entities being hostile and "supernatural" ( for lack of a better word) ?

• Twitch
    Twitch

PSacramento

Well that's one person,...maybe

I would find it hard to believe in the supernatural based on the details, or lack thereof in that story. I'm inclined to believe there's always more to a person than meets the eye and more often than not, there are rational explanations for people's behaviours, as strange as they seem. You're saying you believe in spirits coz some guy you hardly know had some sort of breakdown? I dunno man.

Sorry but I believe what I see, only half of what I read and none of what I hear.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Twitch,

I knew him for about 5 years, I saw him about 3X a week, went to his university Graduation, knew his mom and dad, took him to the hospital the first time he got KO'd , LOL !

I can understand your reluctence to belief, I know I wouldn't if I hadn't seen how he was.

People don't typically have a nervous breakdown when things are going great, according to him anyways. Before all this happened He has just gotten a new car 3 weeks before, convertable too, the player, LOL !

• Twitch
    Twitch

Fair enough

I'm of the opinion the "truth" of his experience would reveal itself if one investigated objectively and rationally and that there is an explanation likely based on rational causes.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Twitch.

You may well be right.

So, basically, outside of a personal experience, woudl you ever believe in something paranormal?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

OK, here's what happened to us:

One summer, my mother enrolled us all in swimming classes. Every day for a couple of weeks, we drove to the outdoor pool. No one ever locked their car doors then. One day after everyone's lessons were over, we went out to the car and when my mom turned it on, EVERYTHING in the car was going - the fan was on full blast, the radio blasting, windshield wipers, lights, everything.

We assumed someone had gone into the car, and turned everything on as a joke. Hahaha. Very funny.

Next day, same thing happened. Now, Mom is pissed off, cus someone is obviously going into the car when we're not looking.

The third day, she locked the doors. After our lessons, she unlocked the car and turned it on - SAME THING.

The fourth day, she locked the doors AND whoever wasn't at their lesson had to sit and watch the car. And we did, cus we wanted to catch the bastard who was doing it.

That afternoon, when she unlocked the car, not only was everything on, but there was also the god-awful smell I was talking about before. I swear it was the smell of death, I've never smelled anything like it before or since. We had to drive with all the windows down, it smelled so bad.

When we got home, my mom tore the car apart and jammed up under the driver's seat was a small black book with a pentagram on it. I remember it looked old. She started yelling at us all "Who put this in the car?" None of us kids had seen it before. She tried to burn it, and it wouldn't burn. She left it outisde in the back alley in the garbage bin until my dad got home and then I don't know whaat my dad did with it.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Even if something "paranormal" happened to me, I wouldn't believe it as paranormal. I'd prolly just get a CT scan.....;)

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"A valid point, and how would science address the issue of these inteligent entities being hostile and "supernatural" ( for lack of a better word) ?"

Many scientists sudy things that are hazardous(vulcanists, chemists, theoretical physicists, etc.).

As far as the supernatural goes, if it manifests in our world (as almost everyone in this thread is claiming it does) than it can be studied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit