Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

My experience right now is different than 10-11 yrs ago and different than 20-25 yrs ago. At that time I still believed the demons controlled everything. Currently I still believe in a spirit world but I don't think it only consists of demons. I do not fear the demons anymore but avoid anything connected with the dark side of divination.

I own several Ouija boards and have never been had them speak to me. I just starting buying them to collect. I own numerous tarot decks and use them at times for personal help. I don't have more than the usual nightmares.

The things I used to believe the demons did, turn on TV's etc turned out in our case to be our neighbors garage door opener. I can usually explain most things but have had a few things happen that either were supernatural or I just don't have an explanation for yet. I know what I have experienced and would not tell someone else what they experienced.

I enjoy talking about these things but often the threads get derailed by those among us who feel they must tell everyone who believes in angels or the spirit world they are crazy and should see a psychiatrist. white Dove is right -if you are able to contact the spirit world you won't need the Ouija board or tarot cards or anything.

• Violia
    Violia

bttt

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Human imagination and ignorance, supplemented by human emotions were the cause of belief in all concepts of spiritualism.

And this holds true throughout mankind's history from the very oldest civilizations to tribes living today in rural distant areas of the

world right now.

Where there is lack of knowledge of the world in which we live in, the suggested concept of spirits gave needed and desired answers.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have just read some of my responses to this thread from 2 years ago.

I have moved on so much, it is very reassuring. I was an agnostic back then, I have now seen the light.

Anyway here's a video on the subject. Good old Derren Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cma5Zn7xrWU

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I go rid of ours when I caught my daughter's Smurf's in a seance late one night.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

I have no experience with these Ouija boards but would have no problem using one. I have researched events and interviewed many people who claimed to have contact with demons and so forth. In my humble opinion there are many things that mankind does not know for a certainty, but there has NEVER been a definate, repeatable, undeniable with out a SHADOW of a doubt of contact beyond the gulf between the living and the dead. End of story. I believe that the peope involved are sincere and believed what they may have heard or seen; however that does not change anything. Questioning why or why not someone would make a story up about such things doesn't change anything either. If this stuff were true such contact would be happening all of the time everywhere. If there is a spirit realm, it lies beyond our abilities as humans to cross it, and a inanimate object would not be needed to make such contact. Using the tactile to contact the immaterial makes no sense.

Just my two cents, thanks for reading.

Have a great day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit