Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Roski
    Roski

I've never used an OB so I can't say from first hand experience - but shamanism - I can say from first had experience.

Should I disbelieve that because someone else has not seen what I have?

DD's right about science - from what I've read.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I don't want to take over the thread but in my opinion, dreaming is where many answers are.

Australian aboriginies call their "religion" the Dreamtime. I too have powerful dreams that at times, have had profound effects on my outlook and life.

Actually, there was a Swedish man who came to Australia in the early 20th century and took artifacts and bones from Aboriginal sacred sites. He was a non believer in the spirit world but was sung to death and he acknowledged that before the end. He was being driven insane by the droaning of the didjeridoo and singing. Strangely, he wrote his dreams/nightmares into paintings (which is now a book) which were Dreaming stories he couldn't have known... I saw the documentary of his daughter bringing the artifacts back to give peace to her father's memory and of course the rest of the family.

Sorry for the long post.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Has no one here ever come across the concept of non-flammable materials?

• donny
    donny

Like nathmedeah, I do not believe in the spirit world and therefore I do not believe the Ouija board is a channel for spirits. Everytime this and other occultic devices are put to the test scientifically, nothing every appears or occurs that cannot be explained logically. I myself bought one just a year or so after leaving the JWs and it did absolutely nothing in my many attempts.

I believe this has as much credibility as the JW Smurf stories have. You can't redicule one and support the other.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Do people still play with Ouija boards? I haven't heard of anyone using one in at least 25 years. Was it a fad that went out?

My family had occasional problems with the demons. They are real. I remember.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

When did I "ridicule one faith and support another"?

I know what I saw, I know what I experienced and without going into detail of the events, I know what I smelled. That's the thing I remember the most: that god-awful, sickly sweet smell that nearly gagged me. I will never forget it.

Since you say that you personally have not experienced anything like that, I wouldn't be so quick to call it "babble".

• Girlie
    Girlie

My thoughts exactly Palmtree. For the unbelievers and those who have never experienced any dealings with the unknown, great, but don't be so presumptuous in assuming those having experience with it to be bogus or having a vivid imagination. I am under no necessity of having to provide any kind of tangible evidence to convince you. I do believe there is more to this life than just us mere mortals.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I do believe that if you feed pixie dust to fairy frogs, they'll shit soda pops.

• Twitch
    Twitch

that smell like burnt toast

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

And their shit is probably what I smelled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit