PSacramento

Twitch,

So would I bro, so would I !!

LOL !

• bluecanary
  • Megachusen
    Megachusen

palmtree67,

Do you honestly believe that the paranormal is the only explanation for that experience?

What about people like me that have drawn pentagrams? Why don't we all experience odd effects like the ones you are claiming to have exerienced? Why don't other cultures that haven't been exposed to Christian taboos have any ill effects when they come into contact with pentagrams? Why are they effected by other spiritistic items that seem to have no effect on people living in the western world that haven't been told about their spiritistic nature?

Why do some Jehovah's Witnesses claim to have been attacked by demons because of Smurfs or Crosses when others see them as being harmless?

Do you have any explanation for any of these things?

• Girlie
    Girlie

The most annoying thing about the people who claim to have supernatural experiences is that when you back them into a corner the only thing they can ever say is: "What I saw was real! Don't you dare tell me what I saw wasn't real because you haven't experienced it."

They quickly shift from "It does exist" to "I'm not trying to convince you exists. I'm just saying that, from my expereince, it does".

This line of reasoning can be found in every piece of bullshit that ever existed.

What I do find annoying is for someone who wasn't there, do not know me, no nothing of me to assume that my experience is a piece of fabrication. However, to each its own thought.

Was it a bad spirit making threats against me? Maybe. Maybe not. I do not know. I do know that it was frightening enough for me to not invest any interest into anything I have no understanding of.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    What I do find annoying is for someone who wasn't there, do not know me, no nothing of me to assume that my experience is a piece of fabrication. However, to each its own thought.

No one is claiming that your experience is fabricated. I think I speak for everyone here (correct me if I'm wrong) when I say we accept that you had this experience. What people question, as Megachusen said earlier, is the interpretation you have made for the cause of the events. If you do not wish to examine the event further, that is your right. If you wish to ascribe it to paranormal activity, that is your right. You are welcome to believe whatever you wish and we respect that. What us nonbelievers take issue with is the idea that we should come to the same interpretation of the event that you did without evidence any harder than your own perception and conclusions.

To put it simply, you can believe whatever you want. If you want us to believe it, too, you'll have to provide empirical evidence.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Funny how most of the people here would have sworn that there were spirits while Jw's. Now, the same ones love to bash those with experiences of some sort as though those people are a bunch of kooks for having had an experience of some sort.

All I know is that my family is not a pack of liars, and that when I watched my mom's eyes wide with real terror over what she had seen, I knew that something happened of serious nature. Perhaps it is just energy - I have no goddamed idea what it was - but I believed she told the truth about things, as did my cousin's family. Perhaps my sister is just a nut-case for telling us that she repeatedly saw a ghostlike figure in her bedroom? Maybe - but she is not a damned liar - that much I know.

Oh well, what's the friggin' use? I don't care one way or the other, but thought I would contribute what I was aware of.

Jeff

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Mega,

I don't have an explanation for it. I'm only saying what I experienced. If the pentagram is significant to you, then fine. But as a kid, I had no idea what it was. It was only when I got older that I realized what was on the book. So the fact that it was a pentagram on it, would not have influenced my thinking on what had happened. (At that time.)

As I said, I have no explanation, only stating what I saw, etc.

If you have an explanation, I would love to hear it.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"What I do find annoying is for someone who wasn't there, do not know me, no nothing of me to assume that my experience is a piece of fabrication."

Well, fuck you.

Had you read any of my other responses you would realize that I'm not claiming that your experiences are fabrications. I do believe that you experienced something. My point of contention is whether it was paranormal or not. That's what I want to find out.

Meanwhile, please do not put words into my mouth.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Well, fuck you.

Had you read any of my other responses you would realize that I'm not claiming that your experiences are fabrications. I do believe that you experienced something. My point of contention is whether it was paranormal or not. That's what I want to find out.

Meanwhile, please do not put words into my mouth.

I'm sorry. Thought I was talking to a much mature audience. At any rate, enjoy the topic.

• Twitch
    Twitch

To put it simply, you can believe whatever you want. If you want us to believe it, too, you'll have to provide empirical evidence.

Well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit