Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wonder why all those people just make up this shit then, including me and my now dead mother?

Jeff

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

A friend of mine asked it who was the Ouijiest and it said Satan...

Then she made the mistake of asking it what it thought of Jehovah and it threw its self across the room.

My sister said she had one when I was little, but I don't remember it. She said the spirit called itself "Z." Supposedly Z bothered people in sleep and haunted the house after that. So out of curiousity I googled the topic of ouija and "Z." And found to my surprise many stories about the same spirit..sometimes as a little boy, other times as an old threatening man. So I'd go far enough to say, yeah mostly demonic.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My mother had the same experience, well sort of. She asked the O who God was. It began to answer J-E-H-O,,, then threw the triangle across the room.

Once they asked it who was behind it - it answered DEVIL, and then SATAN, and then JESUS.....

Some of that I was there to see - other I was told about. I know that it scared the shit out of my mom, and she was not easily scarred.

Jeff

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I always wondered why JW's were always so afraid of Ouija(Pronounced as "Wee-Yaw" not "Wee-Gee") boards

You are incorrect sir. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Ouija

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I played with once at a friends house when I was about 11 years old. My parents were inactive at the time and I didn't know anything about it, it was just presented to me as a game.

Nothing happened, except when I told my dad about it when I got home. He freaked out and I got a lickin'.

I never played with one again, but only so I wouldn't get a lickin'.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I played with one with a friend when we were...about 13. 1968 Neither of us JWs nor had I even heard of JWs. Supposedly it answered all kinds of questions for us, but the one i remember the most was that it said I was going to die in the year 2023 of gangrene of the big toe.

It's plastic and pressboard. People who are afraid of things can see and hear and imagine them doing all kinds of horrible things. (like Smurf DOLLS and garage sale dresser drawers) If they are manufactured with SPIRITS already in them, then they must have an assembly line of demons at Parker Brothers ready to be packed into the boxes with the pointers.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm thinking about putting the Ouija App on my iPhone

• TD
    TD

Penn and Teller did an interesting twist on the Ouija board by blindfolding the users and turning the board 180 degrees so all the lettering was upside down.

Clips from the show are pretty easy to find on YouTube.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

The spririts don't come already inside... I bothered to look it up when bored once. Bad...yeah. Either way The board is just a medium to speak to the outside spirits. Spirits that may be around. That's why the rules say don't use it outside, more possibilities of "bad spirits," (Or so they say...good don't exist...). There's actually a lot of rules to using it that make it more than a game.

Don't use it outside.

If a spirit answers, don't let it knock the (what's that thing called?) off the board, if it knocks it off upside down, say goodbye, it's bad.

Always say goodbye at the end of every session.

And many others.

It's by far more than just a kids game.

• cantleave
    cantleave

AK-Jeff - You are now freaking me out. Does your families experience mean there are Demons? I have spent the last month convincing myself there are not. Whay would it spell

J-E-H-O when asked gods name? S*!t - someone explain this without demons and mythology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit