Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

AK-Jeff- so you heard this story from whom? pure hearsay, you were not present at the time, Iam not calling your family a pack of liers, but I can see how a family that is bewitched by the WTBTS would believe that these occurences were the work of 'evil spirits' hanging around because of the board- they are programmed by the WTBTS to not look for 'rational' explaintions'- BECAUSE THE DEMONS DID IT!

But on the other hand- what a great story from an imaginative kid! my son does this alot- at 4/5 years old he had an imaginary friend he called Buggy (buggy used to mess his room, leave the fridge door open and it was him that drew on my walls)- Buggy was not real, but to our son he was so my husband and i played along with this untill our son grew out of it- if we were JW's this would have been handled very differently!

• cantleave
    cantleave

AK - I want to put it down to the imagination of a 5 - 6 year old child.

My brother had an experience when he was 6. My parents bought a second hand Arm chair for our room (I was 4 at the time, I slept through the whole incident) it was bought from a house where the occupant had died and the executors were selling things off. My brother was lying in bed and saw a little round man materialise from the chair. It jumped on his bed and tickled his feet. He screamed like a pig being castrated with a blunt knife.

My father was never a witness and just put it down to his imagination. My mother blamed it on the Chair. It must have been demonised, The owner was probably a spiritualist or something. She instructed my father to break the chair up and burn it. Again the story goes it didn't want to burn.

This story lives on our family and I believed that it must have been Demons until I was in my Teens.

The only difference here to Jeff's story is his cousin wasn't influenced by dubdom, whereas my brother would have had the creepy Paradise Lost book and my mother slowly brainwashing him. But any 6 year old mind is very imaginative.

• Roski
    Roski

My ex told me a story of when he was a young pioneer. I can't imagine why he didn't know the society's stance on OB's - but apparently he didn't.

He was at a bible study's house and they brought out a board. He asked it his sister's name (unusual name) and the board got it correct. He then asked God's name and it spelt out Jehovah. He didn't have his hand on the board at the time. I've also heard other stories from people whom I don't think were fantasizing, but in the case of my ex I know he wasn't as I heard the story more than once and it scared him at the time.

• Marlene
    Marlene

I already know the names of my siblings and what types of pets I own. Does the board provide useful answers? Like which stocks I should invest in? What mechanism needs to be fixed in my furnace....what is the replacement part # and where can I buy it? What is going to happen in the third season of Gossip Girl?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

George Noory on Coast to Coast radio considered to have a program on ouija boards a few

years ago and chickened out. Many people who are not witnesses are afraid of ouija

boards.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've never used an OB, but I've experienced a few things that can't be explained. I don't believe demons are out to get us, but I also am not presumptuous enough to say with absolute certainty that there isn't a spirit world.

• PEC
    PEC

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

This thread sure is anecdotal.

It's funny how I've spent the last 2 years trying to find any evidence for the paranormal and yet you guys pretty much have experiences happening to you all over the godamn place.

Maybe the spirits in Arizona are just too godamn shy. Or maybe the demons are trying to trick me into believing that they don't exist by pretending to not exist.

If anyone has any tips on how to summon my own kickass zombie demon/ghost to do random shit around my house it would be appreciated.

Also, to the guy who said that it isn't pronounced as "Wee-Yaw": the makers of the board would disagree. The name is made up from two words in French and German that mean yes. Oui(wee) and Ja(yaw).

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

"I have so many times tried to get in contact with the occult."

Where have you tried?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Sorry, what I meant was what avenues but I guess you answered that further in on your comment.

I don't believe in gods demons etc either but I have experienced enough in my travels to know that there is something more to existence than being born, procreating and dying.

There is a subconscious world, which I believe, science is starting to explore seriously. This is anecdotal, but I was told that psychiatrists are now researching shamanism, as it has an uncanny ability to treat schizophrenia.

Actually I visited a shaman that was famous for treating this very illness but did not discuss it with her.

The human brain and will are very powerful tools and like it or not, we spend a large part of our very lives in the subconscious world.

Its called sleep (and dreaming).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit