Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

How about earthquakes you can't feel if you are in bed but do rattle some stuff in the house?

I believe in ghosts because I've felt them.

I have never used an ouija board, however.

Don't want to waste the money.

Guess I'm a spiritual agnostic.

I believe in what I experience.

Oui is yes in French.

Ja is yes in German and is most certainly not pronounced jee.

That dictionary site only used the vernacular in the pronunciation key.

If you want to say it correctly in the languages presented, it really is pronounced we-ya.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Simple conclusive deduction in regards to Ouija boards :

The Planchette (the object that people place their hands on ) is moved subconsciously by the people

who have their hands on it, which results in giving supposed answers to expressed questions.

Blindfold the same people and call out the same questions , then have someone observe not blindfolded where the planchette

moves and the end result is nothing but incoherent gibberish.

Back in the early 20th century spiritualism in North America was at a heighten interest, people were quite consumed with the

possibility to be able to be in contact with spirits through séances and alike, this where Ouija boards started to make an appearance.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Believing in the paranormal is like believing in......god....sigh...

• Twitch
    Twitch

ghost stories are fun, no? :)

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Here is one way you can tell they are not real.............they were invented before the computer era. If the concept was real, instead of all the energy trying to get that thing to move to letters, one could just turn on their computer, open up notepad, and ask questions while it sends the electrical charge the keypad uses to type out the answers.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Questions:

Spirits need an alphabet made on a board to communicate? Why couldn't they communicate using a computer? Couldn't they simple type out their answers?

If asked who god is, would they respond Jehovah to Jehovah believer and Allah to a muslim or Jesus to a trinitarian?

Spirits need our invitation to make ouija board piece move why can't they move a computer mouse if I invite a spirit to do so?

Why do people need to hold the pointer piece when stories abound with spirits opening cupboards and moving objects, spirits can't move the pointer by themselves?

Do they work for atheists or for believes only?

Why are they so elusive that science can't prove their existence? Big Foot of the spirit realm?

If they can possess people why don't we ever hear of these events on the local news

and so on.....

I just find it odd that a spirit needs to be invited through a toy board with alphabet, they can move things but can't talk and are seem real to believers. Just some things that make me wonder about this whole ouija board business ;)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Toy

During the late 19th century, planchettes were widely sold as a novelty. The businessmen Elijah Bond and Charles Kennard had the idea to patent a planchette sold with a board on which the alphabet was printed. The patentees filed on May 28, 1890 for patent protection and thus had invented the first Ouija board. Issue date on the patent was February 10, 1891. They received U.S. Patent 446,054. Bond was an attorney and was an inventor of other objects in addition to this device. An employee of Kennard, William Fuld took over the talking board production and in 1901, he started production of his own boards under the name "Ouija". [11] Kennard claimed he learned the name "Ouija" from using the board and that it was an ancient Egyptian word meaning "good luck." When Fuld took over production of the boards, he popularized the more widely accepted etymology, that the name came from a combination of the French and German words for "yes". [12] The Fuld name would become synonymous with the Ouija board, as Fuld reinvented its history, claiming that he himself had invented it. The strange talk about the boards from Fuld's competitors flooded the market and all these boards enjoyed a heyday from the 1920s through the 1960s. Fuld sued many companies over the "Ouija" name and concept right up until his death in 1927. In 1966, Fuld's estate sold the entire business to Parker Brothers, who continues to hold all trademarks and patents. About ten brands of talking boards are sold today under various names. [11]

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Why dont you just ask the board. See what it says. Be prepared for the answer and the consequences.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Why dont you just ask the board. See what it says. Be prepared for the answer and the consequences.

They won't do it.

JDW

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Curiosity killed the cat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit