Ouija Board Hysteria

by Megachusen 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

The most annoying thing about the people who claim to have supernatural experiences is that when you back them into a corner the only thing they can ever say is: "What I saw was real! Don't you dare tell me what I saw wasn't real because you haven't experienced it."

They quickly shift from "It does exist" to "I'm not trying to convince you exists. I'm just saying that, from my expereince, it does".

This line of reasoning can be found in every piece of bullshit that ever existed.

• darthfader
    darthfader

The mind is too powerful of a thing for me to question those who see, feel and smell (yuk!) these things. I believe you have experienced these things, and carry the marks (mental, emotional and physical) to prove it. But I am in the same boat as Nathmedeah -- I have gone to many lengths to experience "spiritistic events" with absolutely no luck... I used to play with the Ouija board as a kid -- yes the planchett would move and answer our questions, but it never told us anything we didn’t already know. If we asked it questions about the universe, God, the Devil, what the next door neighbor did with all those 55 gallon barrels - we would get gibberish answers back. This makes me believe that, at least for me, the Ouija board is nothing more than a toy that manifests our own thoughts – maybe subconsciously.

So why do other people successfully experience these things? Is our mind capable of rendering these fears as real events? And is the mind of a skeptic able to dampen them as well?

Darth Fader

• PEC
    PEC

I will believe when James Randy pays out the $1 million.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Philip

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Megachusen,

So, if I told you what happened to me, your reply wouldbe to just say, "Well that's just your experience." ??

I'm not a red-neck crack-pot. What happened was very scary. If you had seen it and experienced you'd be scared, too.

How would I go about proving to you what happened to me?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am of the firm belief that you don't mess with stuff that you don't understand and that can come back to bite you on the butt.

Too many people that don't believe in anything have had issues with this stuff.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Damn straight, PSac!

From what I experienced, I have NO IDEA why anyone would deliberately invite an experience like that. You have no clue how little control you have over what's happening and that's what's frightening.

I don't wish it on anybody.

Well, maybe a couple of people......lol

• Twitch
    Twitch

I am of the firm belief that you don't mess with stuff that you don't understand and that can come back to bite you on the butt.

To me, that sounds like unsubstantiated fear.

Too many people that don't believe in anything have had issues with this stuff.

Care to elaborate? I don't believe in spirits and they've never bothered me, or anyone I know that believes the same.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"So, if I told you what happened to me, your reply wouldbe to just say, "Well that's just your experience." ??

I'm not a red-neck crack-pot. What happened was very scary. If you had seen it and experienced you'd be scared, too.

How would I go about proving to you what happened to me?"

I wouldn't reply "that's just your experience", I would reply "show me some evidence. Any evidence.".

I'm not doubting that you had an experience. I'm doubting if the experience, as you perceived it, was paranormal.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"I am of the firm belief that you don't mess with stuff that you don't understand and that can come back to bite you on the butt."

If that's the way science worked we'd never find anything out.

If these things exist in this universe I want to know about it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Twitch,

I had a friend that got one of those things and loved to paly with it ( the board I mean, LOL) and nothing ever happened utill something happened.

I saw him one day, abiut a week after I had last seen him in TaeKwon-do class ( I was a teacher) and his whoel hair was cut short and all white, when I pressed him about the "dye job" he was visibly shaken and after, when were hanging out after class he told me he had an incident with his board, that all kinds of wierd shit happened and was still happening, that he was thinking of moving and all sorts of stuff.

I of course laughed in his face, thinking he was kidding, next ting you knwo he is crying like a baby !
    Freaked me out, babbeling that his hair turned white over noght and all shorts of shit !

He left that day and I didn't see him after, I asked the head instructor what happened and he said, " Don't know, he moved, gave me his forwarding address for a refund of his left over membership and that's it".

He was a die hard atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit