What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My answer - make it more difficult for everybody to get guns.

End of story. For me at least.

Besty, get the big black dildo out of your mouth and the wax out of your ears. You are a sheep. The masters are fleecing you. If they ever decide to make you into mutton stew, you are well and truly phukt.

BTS

• hybridous
    hybridous

Besty - back to my conveniently ignored point:

Legislation could not keep people form obtaining alcohol when restricted, it cannot keep people from obtaining drugs deemed illegal. How are guns somehow different?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Also I'm not claiming to know the answer - simply pointing out that other countries (I come from the UK and used that as an example) have a better record - how we get America down from that embarrasing position in the league table is going to be very tricky.
    I post on this issue and on climate change and on healthcare in good faith. I love living in America and want to see them thrive as a nation. My criticism is that as a nation and as individuals their thinking appears to be immature. Looking beyond their borders to see where other nations have solved similar problems before and where America can leverage its massive power can only be a good idea.
    Seems like a good time to resurrect an old favorite:
    "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities." Churchill.

Wow, I'm blinded by all the I love America, sniff, sunshine pouring out of your ass. Wow, you British are so bloody enlightened. God, I pray that one day we can be just like you. Churchill? Where would Churchill have been without American guns and grunts?

just for my own peace of mind I have re-read the entire thread and can't find one ad hominem directed at Robdar by me - a persecution complex perhaps?

Aww, sugar, I didn't know you cared. Direct attack? No. More innuendo:

You prefer coming back to the lady with the voices? More illustrative of your position perhaps?
    a persecution complex perhaps?

Look you admitted I won the argument, "ok Robdar - you win." Trying for a rematch?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Not me. I just ordered 500 rounds for the AK. :-D

~High Five, BTS~

• besty
    besty

My apologies hybridous - there is a lot of static on this thread.

Why have over 6 billion tracks been paid for and downloaded from iTunes Store when the same content is available illegally and free?

People will tend to do the right thing.

America is still a young nation - in time it may come to accept that more stringent gun control is for the good of the majority. Meantime it is abnormally highly placed for a civilised country in the homicide by firearm league table.

• BurnTheShips
  • Robdar
    Robdar
    America is still a young nation - in time it may come to accept that more stringent gun control is for the good of the majority. Meantime it is abnormally highly placed for a civilised country in the homicide by firearm league table.

~sniff~

Where's my hanky? I am about to burst into tears. Besty is just soooo enlightened. Just so gaddam beautiful, 'e is.

• besty
    besty
    Wow, you English are so bloody enlightened. God, I pray that one day we can be just like you

I'm Scottish actually - and depending on your ancestry you may already be more like me than you care to think.

If you think me saying 'you win Robdar' was an admission of defeat, all I can say is your paid ALOT job on the radio was a waste of someone's money...

BTW - thanks for pasting my entire comments each time - gives everybody a second chance to read my stuff....cool...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Even if we accept Besty's line of reasoning, it is no game change for me. I will gladly accept a larger amount of chaos and disorder in the name of decentralization and individual liberty. Those that give up their liberty for security will ultimately learn that they have neither. All of this control is hubris.

BTS

• besty
    besty

UN Stats robdar?

Come on - you can do better than say they have been manipulated....I know you can.....

US 8th

UK 32nd

homicides per capita - higher ranking is worse.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit