What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

And this loverly article is the icing on the cake:

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html#ixzz0NqCAkl2H

• Robdar
    Robdar

Don't have to respond to UN stats. Statistics can be manipulated. Do me a favor, respond to BTS's stats.

~sigh~

God, you are so very wonderful.

• Hittman
    Hittman

The USA currently has more firearms related deaths per person than any other developed country.

I love that phrase. It sounds so impressive.
    Of course, half those deaths are suicides, and it's already been pointed out that most of the rest of them are drug related.

Man's home gets broken into, cops don't do crap, he protects his family, he gets fined.

Could be worse – it could be the UK. If you defend yourself with a gun in England, you can expect to spend more time in prison than your attacker.

In an international league table of murders with firearms per capita the UK is ranked 32nd with a score of 0.00102579 per 1,000 people. Right down there with New Zealand etc.

Once again, we see the lovely trick of specifying murders with firearms, ignoring the actual murder rate. I supposed a murder victim might feel better being killed with a pointed stick than with a gun. But then, England has become such a nutty nanny nation they're actually selling knives without useful points on them, so that no one can get all stabbby with them.

http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/pointless-invention/
    source: Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems

Oh, well the UN! Of course, nothing wrong with them. No sir, they're all for individual freedoms. And they *never fudge their numbers. Yep, no problem there.
    Wow. I thought this was america.

It stopped being American a while ago. It's now the United States, which is still a pretty cool place, but the United Statists here have made America a fond memory. And they're working hard to destroy whatever traces of it are left.

Here's the deal, lefties. Americans like guns. And we're not going to give them up. And the constitution says we don't have to. (Not that the government pays any attention to the constitution.) And the history of any given despot always starts with disarming the public. And hundreds of thousands of lives are saved every year by people defending themselves and their property with guns.

Read the writings of the founding fathers.

• besty
    besty

BTS - see Robdar's wisdom on statistics - wasting your time posting 'em dude.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Besty, you are a dishonest clod. We left Europe to get away from you stuffy dishonest types. You've been made quite the fool on this thread. Best tuck your tail and run and salvage what little dignity you have left for a glowball worming thread before my logic razor eviscerates you again.

BTS

• Robdar
    Robdar
    BTS - see Robdar's wisdom on statistics - wasting your time posting 'em dude.

Ha!

Hi gorgeous and highly enlightened, loverly one. Have you noticed the 4 (or is that 3?) fingers pointing back at you? Of course not! Why should you worry your pretty little head about that?

Still, I would think that with your love of statistics (UN statistics) you would be willing to have a go at it.

~Sigh~

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hehhehehe, BTS. You just handed Besty's ass to him on a platter.

• Robdar
    Robdar

"Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. Get down tonight"

• besty
    besty

The headline figures you have pasted from the Daily Mail (a right wing trash paper) were prepared by the Conservative Opposition party.

The topic of this thread is homicide, specifically those commited with a firearm, not violent crime.

In the stats you posted the UK is ranked 13th for homicides out of a league table that only shows 10 positions - go figure - I'm assuming the average Daily Mail reader likes to know the top 10 'things'. Further it does not break those homicide figures into those comitted with a firearm.

Different countries record violent crimes differently - homicide tends to be reported much the same everywhere.

I trust the UN stats more than those prepared by an opposition political party. Sorry.

• Robdar
    Robdar

~big, heavy sigh~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit