What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

It's impossible to convince gun enthusiasts that guns are bad, and it's impossible to convince tree huggers, that it's not the guns.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Thanks for some decent input Kurt*
    *Marked Kurt as a poster who talks sense.

wow kurt!

You not only handed Besty his ass, you also got him to lick your boot! Impressive!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If you are interested in having a lower murder rate then addressing the social factors that lead to violence and murder would be useful and productive

USA is entirely different than other industrial countries in that it's attitude is not based so much on social or collective policy but rooted in a belief they have an individual legal and written right to bear arms (or use guns) regardless of the collectiver unwritten but perhaps more desirous right by the majority to revoke or ammend those rights. The constitution is always open to interpretation and the side for guns will tell you their point of view - the side against will tell you their interpretation. It's all about attitude. There is no real desire for change in addressing social issues at a gut level and we've seen that in discussion around welfare, poverty, education and healthcare. When you can look at pictures of your fellow citizens being herded into pens to get some medical help and you see nothing wrong with it, then you aren't interested in change. When you open your pension fund and find that you've lost 1/3 of your retirement funds while a CEO managing the bank it's in has just gotten another 13 million dollar bonus, but still pat them on the back and say all is good - then you aren't interested in change. When you keep harping on the color of the skin of your president which has no bearing on his abilities, then you aren't interested in change.

You can't compare Switzerland or the UK or any other country in issues like this because their social structure and attitude is different and all of that has to be factored in.

sammieswife.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

besty

I trust the UN stats more than those prepared by an opposition political party. Sorry.

From where I stand the u.n. is an opposition political party.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    From where I stand the u.n. is an opposition political party.

Half the reason for the guns is for the possibility of blue helmets showing up to "keep the peace." BTS
  • sweet pea
    sweet pea

Last time I looked the Pentagon spent in 36 hours what it takes the UN the rest of the year to spend.

Blue helmets keeping the peace in the USA seems a farfetched reason for 50% of the reason for citizen gun ownership.

meanwhile.......

erm BTS - i was talking to you.

He starts out demanding homicide stats (of all kinds), then subtly changes to gun related deaths.

like I said to you - care to paste my demand for homicide stats of all kinds?

EDIT - Besty stole sweetpea's laptop - apologies to sweetpea for sullying her good name with this post.

• besty
    besty

hey BTS - I've asked you 3 times now to back up the claim you made about what I said.

<drums fingers>

maybe your peanut gallery groupie Robbie paid ALOT can help with the problem.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    maybe your peanut gallery groupie Robbie paid ALOT can help with the problem.

~sigh~

Aww, how cute. You are jealous. I am not going to apologize for making ALOT of money. And you being jealous does not change the fact I made ALOT of money. And your ire isn't going to change the amount of money I made--which was ALOT.

Green isn't a good color, er colour, for you, sweetie.

When you become as intelligent as you think you are, maybe you'll have your own peanut gallery groupies too. But first you have to get some peanuts.

Oh, did I tell you, I made ALOT of money.

hehheeeee.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am curious, how many here have actually used a gun? not just shoot one, used it on another human?

• Robdar
    Robdar

It's impossible to convince gun enthusiasts that guns are bad, and it's impossible to convince tree huggers, that it's not the guns.

I'm a gun enthusiast and a tree hugger. You don't have to convince me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit