What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

so why do you live here BTS - just move to Zimbabwe now. You'll do just fine with that philosophy....on no wait - they just about got rid of that stupid old lad that has ruined that country.....I guess all that gun crime never worked out for them - how about Colombia then....or maybe Mexico....?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'm Scottish actually - and depending on your ancestry you may already be more like me than you care to think.

Scottish mut here with a bit of Dutch, English and Spanish. But I am not like you-- My ancestors settled Jamestown. I am as American as can be. Thanks, though.

If you think me saying 'you win Robdar' was an admission of defeat, all I can say is your paid ALOT job on the radio was a waste of someone's money...

That isn't what my ratings state. For good or bad, somebody was very happy to pay me. Thanks, though.

BTW - thanks for pasting my entire comments each time - gives everybody a second chance to read my stuff....cool...

Cool. Glad to oblige. I just want to make sure you don't change your posts later. Thanks, though.

Dayum. You are just soooo loverly.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    UK 32nd

That's a pretty high rating considering the ban on firearms.

Sorry, the UK isn't as enlightened as you think. You, otoh, are purely loverly.

• besty
    besty
    Besty, get the big black dildo out of your mouth and the wax out of your ears. You are a sheep. The masters are fleecing you. If they ever decide to make you into mutton stew, you are well and truly phukt.

you been on a animal preparation and cookery course recently? I like the way you think though....

• besty
    besty

firearms are not banned in the UK - they are licensed - get the basics right please.

And yes the UK is as enlightened as I think. Its bound to be. If America can stick around for a few thousand years we can compare notes on national maturity.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    you been on a animal preparation and cookery course recently? I like the way you think though....

~sigh~

• Robdar
    Robdar
    And yes the UK is as enlightened as I think. Its bound to be. If America can stick around for a few thousand years we can compare notes on national maturity.

More delectable wisdom.

~Sigh~

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The US has always had a higher homicide rate Besty. However, look at the trends.

In fact, by some measures, the rate of violent crime in the UK has skyrocketed despite onerous restriction on the right to self defense:

I'll show you another US chart for good measure:

Over this period of time the US has had relaxing standards for gun ownership for law abiding citizens. This animated gif illustrates the proliferation of right to carry legislation:

Millions of guns have been manufactured and sold, yet the homicide rate has fallen. This completely explodes your world view.

BTS

• Robdar
    Robdar
    firearms are not banned in the UK - they are licensed - get the basics right please.

Number 32 is still a high score for such an enlightened people.

Oh, lest I forget:

~sigh~

• besty
    besty

UK 32nd

That's a pretty high rating considering the ban on firearms

Pretty high rating - compared to what - can you expand on what you meant to convey? Compared to the USA its ...erm....'pretty low' in words that you are comfortable with

considering the ban on firearms - see above - factually incorrect

So when I pushed you Robdar to comment on the UN statistics you didn't really perform too well. Fail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit