What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I don't really understand the phenonoma.

• besty
    besty

shoot them

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who goe`s beserk with a gun,should be given a Beer Sausauge..

Then shot..

No one wants to be found dead with a Bullet Hole and a Beer Sausage!

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Outlaw I've been reading your posts a lot lately, damn you are Damn funny...lol

Must be because your Canadian...hehe

They should not be allowed guns in the first place unless their medical records have been checked....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    They should not be allowed guns in the first place unless their medical records have been checked....

Agreed. This guy [the gym shooter] had no histology that would have prevented his purchase, according to what I have seen.

Jeff

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Though they claim that the gym shooter blogged about his hatred, the authorities do not have the resources to investigate every blog.

That is why the message that the jws give is "good news" to many. I remember a District Overseer that listened to the news to learn of stories such as these. Then he would use these stories to create a "common ground" with the householder.

But in reality, sadly it is impossible to stop such things from happening.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

This terrible shooting happened about 15 miles from my neighborhood. Unfortunately, this deranged man had no history of mental illness to stop him from buying a gun/guns.

As much as I'm pro 2nd Amendment, I'd still like to see a three day waiting period on the purchase of any concealed weapon. Maybe a Dr. record or something might surface that shows said person to be "off"!

Even so, nothing can stop a person who is set upon killing or hurting people who he/she perceives is against them.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved.

HappyDad

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

How about curtailing the commercialization of violence through the media, its been known for a long time when a person

views plenty of violence for real or through outside sources it has an effect of turning some people to act in the same way,

particular so with young and impressionable youth. Violence sells unfortunately but it also has its dire effects on to sensitive and emotionally at risk people.

Maybe we need to get back to the social consciousness that started in the 60's of peace , love and understanding.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Gun bans and waiting periods aren't going to prevent nutcases from doing stuff like this. If guns were banned, he'd have still found a means to kill whether an illegal firearm or some other method. We have tight restrictions on explosives, but Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph were able to kill people with bombs.

Self defense is not a privelege, it is a human right. The story would have had a happy ending had one or more of the women in that gym been armed and returned fire.

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe, just maybe, we should be educating people to treat each other with respect and dignity, and to seek therapy when rage starts to feel out of control and violent. People need to act on clues - or even blatant statements - where death threats are implied or uttered against another person(s). I'd rather be wrong about reporting someone who talks about wanting to harm someone else than to do nothing and find out they weren't "just kidding around".

Making guns illegal only forces people who want to use them to find alternatives. Black market guns, and non-firearm weapons (like a crossbow, which was used in 1991 to murder a woman named Patricia Allen - in broad daylight - on a busy downtown street in the city where I live) will still be used to kill people, because the homicidal rage will not be managed appropriately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit