What can be done about those who go berserk with a gun?

by badboy 206 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

ye I can imagine the kind of radio station that educated you on how to manipulate stats - sounds perfect....

read Kurt Bethel's post - that's the kind of thing I may have to engage my brain to respond to - you Robdar are just static while I feed the kids :-) more multitasking.....

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Forget the UN stats - what do they know about international issues - I just need one more Tenessee Bee article that says what I like.....

You haven't provided anything to back up your claims except a bunch of hot air, innuendo and ambiguous comments. At least I did some research and tried to invest some time. Now run on and play, bubba.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    ye I can imagine the kind of radio station that educated you on how to manipulate stats - sounds perfect....

It was perfect and I made ALOT of money.

When you live and die by statistics in a major market in America, you learn a lot. Unfortunately for you, you haven't learned much.

• Robdar
    Robdar

And by all means, since you've run out of ammo (pun intended) please continue to insult me to distract from the fact that you cannot back up your claims.

• besty
    besty

Robdar - let me make this simple enough for you:

I have enlightened you with United Nations global statistics for MURDER (Kurt Bethel!) per capita and the relevant table positions of the UK and the US. The US is in 8th place and the UK is in 32nd place. Lower numbers are better in this case. Those aren't claims - they are facts. Your ALOT money job didn't help you with the difference between a claim and a fact?

You have responded with a series of media articles and one-off anecdotes.

Let the reader decide who is dealing in facts and who is dealing in ideology.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Let the reader decide who is dealing in facts and who is dealing in ideology.

Oh, I believe the readers of this thread have already decided. And since you threw out the insults first, so have you. Really, you gave up at that point. And now you are just trying to save face. If you cant argue with the message, make sure you insult the messenger.

• 504deist
    504deist

actually, i think i threw out the first insult to besty, and besty, even though we completly disagree, i do want to apologize. i try to stick with logical thought as opposed to mud slinging.

• besty
    besty

thanks Kurt for posting something more meaningful than "well this guy shot at me and I TOOK HIM DOWN with my gun and so now we should all get guns"

Note that the UN stats I posted are for homicide only - the suicide statistic you mention only makes it worse.

Also I'm not claiming to know the answer - simply pointing out that other countries (I come from the UK and used that as an example) have a better record - how we get America down from that embarrasing position in the league table is going to be very tricky.

I post on this issue and on climate change and on healthcare in good faith. I love living in America and want to see them thrive as a nation. My criticism is that as a nation and as individuals their thinking appears to be immature. Looking beyond their borders to see where other nations have solved similar problems before and where America can leverage its massive power can only be a good idea.

Seems like a good time to resurrect an old favorite:

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities." Churchill.

• besty
    besty

apology accepted 504

just for my own peace of mind I have re-read the entire thread and can't find one ad hominem directed at Robdar by me - a persecution complex perhaps?

those damn FACTS from the UN just will not lie down - they keep coming back up for some reason.....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    where robbin' Robin Hood famously robbed the rich to give to the poor

Robin Hood did not steal from the rich to give to the poor; this is a common misconception. The people were suffering under burdensome taxation. He attacked the government and returned their money to them.

since you've run out of ammo (pun intended)

Not me. I just ordered 500 rounds for the AK. :-D

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit