Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For the record: if someone wants to straddle the fence, it's their decision. I know that no one's perfect and we all err. That being said, we're on JWD. The forum is one of the best to help JWs get OUT, not stay in. As long as I'm here, I'll try to help people get out of the cult. being in a cult is not a good thing. You can put any kind of spin on it but the reality is, it's clearly better to never have been in a cult and it's best that if one recognizes that it is indeed a cult, to get the **** out!

• undercover
    undercover
    Each and every person should "hate" anything evil and wrong. The time for reasoning is long ago over. Why don't you reason with a person who abuses their wives? Please!

All JWs and anyone tolerable of their actions are allowing mental abusers a free pass... Period!

Talk about going from one extreme to the other....jeeeezuss...

While I'm confused as to why Stilla defends the religion so...I have never understood the militant attitude of some people who think they're in some kind of war with the Society and their army, the JWs.

It's just a stupid little cult religion. Yea, it's fucked up some people but so has a bunch of other religions not to mention governments. Going though life with so much anger can't be good for one. The best revenge is to live well. I don't hate the JWs as a people...there are some good people, some decent people. I don't like the religion...I hate certain aspects of it, but hell, life is too short to get all worked up over it and allow it to eat at me and destroy me from within.

But if angst, anger and hatred work for you...good luck.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Dawg, this one's for you, buddy!

Well said.

• dawg
    dawg

"Forcing someone to act as you do is not exactly different than the strategy of the leadership of the watchtower"

Horse crap, telling someone their behavior is deplorable isn't forcing crap... why don't we all get together and sing Kumbyah, or however that darn song is spelled?

I've never shunned anyone, I just refuse to be shunned without there being repercussions to the one that shuns. Its a world full of grown ups and as grown ups we all have to accept the repercussions for our actions.

To those that won't make a stand, all I have to say is this... you are aiding those still in to think they're right, and the future actions of which you are partly responsible. The thousands that will suffer mental abuse at the hands of fools is partly aided by the fact that you refuse to speak out. If we all would make a stand this foolishness would have a better chance of ending.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Thanks Annie for the hug. How has your health been doing? I hope much better!

Yes I agree with your post. But we all did the best we could at the time, I guess.

I hope you are not too hard on yourself for it.

Take care Annie!

Vinny---I just sent you a PM on the latest doings around here! I try not to beat myself up over all the mistakes I have allowed myself to make but sometimes the reality of it all comes around to smack you in the face again in a new way....unfortunately, the WTS ripple effect lives on in a lot of our lives. Many of us will reflect in different ways on what our own experiences were, but we are ALL in agreement that we are happy to BE out!

We have only ONE family member loyal to the GB, (my oldest daughter) and at a recent big family picnic, my kids were marvelling over the fact that the rest of us were relaxing and sitting around a campfire on a gorgeous summer evening and ENJOYING EACH OTHER'S COMPANY despite what church they went to or what their beliefs were. We had some great conversations with no one getting upset or antsy and then we moved on to other topics. Nobody was EXPECTED to agree with what anyone else felt or believed and it was terrific.

That one remaining members name was brought up....and we all agreed that it was too bad that she has chosen to cut us ALL out of her life. She has zero contact with anyone in the family and does not CARE to be involved with what her nieces, nephews, brothers and sister are DOING with their lives and knowing the wonderful accomplishments that they have struggled to achieve. ALL for a phony life devoted to an even more phony cult. Her own flesh and blood mean nothing. It almost seems as if she is not human or capable of human emotions. SHE is to be pitied. Someday it will all hit her in the face.

I am SO grateful I came to my senses and got OUT of the WTS! Thirty years was a long time to give to a cult....and I do firmly believe it IS a cult. The JWs like to boast about their huge 3% increase last year.....I would love to know how many LEFT during that same time period and are FREE!

hugs,

Annie

• dawg
    dawg

Megs, please don't take this too harshly... but this that you said... "Judge not, that ye be not judged". I don't follow that rule nor do I want those I know to follow it...when I do badly, I want my friends to judge that and tell me in a nice way I'm wrong. Why would I want to continue on a stupid and "hypocritical" course of action?

No, real friends won't let you make an utter ass of yourself, nor will they let you go unnoticed in your hypocrisies.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    It's just a stupid little cult religion. Yea, it's fucked up some people but so has a bunch of other religions not to mention governments. Going though life with so much anger can't be good for one. The best revenge is to live well. I don't hate the JWs as a people...there are some good people, some decent people. I don't like the religion...I hate certain aspects of it, but hell, life is too short to get all worked up over it and allow it to eat at me and destroy me from within.

while I agree that anger and bitterness can destroy your life- there is nothing like righteous indignation . It can move mountains and snap you right back to your senses.

Some of us have been brutally abused by the wts. We have had more than stupid doctrines pushed on us. We have been violated physically, emotionally/verbally and so on. Some of us will be seeing therapists for the rest of our lives. They owe us for that. they have taken our entire families from us-some of us have taken our lives as a result of this stupid little cult.

. that should make you angry.

yes you do have to move on and begin a new life, but I take every shot i can to tell people who jws really are. We need to

publicize, publicize publicize the False hoods they teach. we need to reach people BEFORE they study with them.

Yes Baptists and Methodist and etc are annoying people as are many Fundy's, but a least you can walk away and still have your family speak to you. they have colleges too.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stilla, are you having trouble letting go of the 1914 doctrine?

That is easy - that was a key thing after reading C of C and TGTR by CO Jonson that got me onto Randy's site thenm here.

1914 is so absolute bullcrap it is not true. 607BCE likewise

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla, will you please answer my question? YES Why do you still build Kingdom Halls? I really enjoy it - the camaraderie, the building and contruction aspect - the smug feeling inside me that I know more about Material Science, Structural Engineering etc than the lot of them pu together and yet I smirk when a Presdiing Overseer comes to me who may be in cahrge of the project but asks my advice

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It appears that it being a cult is not so bad, in reality to you-----otherwise you certainly wouldn't build KHs.

- I dont believe in adultery and think it is appalling but I watch movies about it all the time. I hate Islam with a passion but would have no problem advising them what materials to use in construction of a mosque if I was asked about in connection with my job.

I enjoy building things including KHs - that is my business and if I want I will f----g continue to buiild them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit