Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was a complete waste of time. First, all it did was to build a wall around me between me and the opposite sex (as if that wall that Jehovah Himself needed any further reinforcements).

It also wasted my time. I had to go out in field circus instead of doing something better (like playing video games on my Commodore 64, recording music, reading non-Washtowel material, etc.) I also had to go to boasting sessions that were usually held when they would interfere with sleep and/or work.

I also wasted money on shirts (the suits were worn-out, used up ones that others had used up, so I never had to waste even more money on those). I have more damn ties than I know what to do with, and every single one of them is crap. Dry cleaning bills on those suits also wasted money. And I wasted about $90 on a circus bag and another $30 on a less rugged meeting bag. Not to mention the call book.

It got me involved with idolatry. While professing zero tolerance for idolatry, they ordered me to worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

They stripped me of Christmas decorations, some of which were in just fine condition.

They got me to help them support pedophiles. Every penny I put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes helped to protect the pedophiles in the organization. Obviously, the boxes are never ever labelled "Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund", and never came with a warning that every penny I put in one of them would be held against me or destroy value.

They just about forced me to destroy value. Everyone I had a share in scamming had their lives ruined, and that goes double for any children whose father was influenced into joining the witlesses because of my being there.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Vinny,

You are correct. I deleted my original post because as angry as it made me to watch the gathering mob mentality ESPECIALLY in light of recent board events, I realized that responding in anger as I did only added fuel. I'm addressing you now, once, in answer to your question but that is the end of it. I will not play.

You asked for my opinion. Here it is - none of us has the right to judge another person. If Stilla wants to dance naked on the top of Bethel waving a Watchtower, guess what? He CAN. Conversely, if he wants to kiss the ass of a GB member, he CAN (granted, a completely revolting mental picture). Do you honestly think that whether he helps at a KH building or not the organization is going to crumble? You are imposing YOUR morality and YOUR standards and values on him and THAT is exactly what was done to all of us when in. My own morality and standards and values won't let me do that to another human being. He is not yet mentally and emotionally in a place where he sees the dichotomy - and you know what? That's ok. Everyone who participated in this harmful attack, though, may have driven him further in and may have taken away a valuable resource from him. If nothing else, it appears that Stilla has consistently provided "insider" information that we may not have been privy too in any other way. I don't see any gratitude for that.

The very title of this thread was condescending and it certainly went downhill from there. How would any of you react if the WT site had a section entitled: "Do you CLEARLY understand (i.e. you stupid unreasoning morons) that JWD and apostates are Nothing But Bullcrap?" I mean...come on. Last time I checked my driver's license I was an adult. Can't we all ACT that like that? And furthermore, I deliberately keep personal information off of the public section of this board, but know that I survived this organization for all of my life, I have prominent members of my family still in, I suffered abuse at the hands (literally - shudder) of an elder, I served in a full-time capacity. I may not have as many "street creds" as A@G, but I got 'em.

Is the organization harmful? OMG yes. Is it a cult? I don't honestly know. I personally think so. So if a person is ensnared in a harmful cult, do they always think logically? NO. On the other hand, we have to watch that hatred for the organization does not spill over into unloving treatment of the individuals still caught within it. This thread did that and I think that is wrong.

• Mary
    Mary
    Georgiagirl said: If Stilla wants to dance naked on the top of Bethel waving a Watchtower, guess what? He CAN.........Do you honestly think that whether he helps at a KH building or not the organization is going to crumble?

Exactly. Stilla knows that it's not "the Truth" and probably goes once in a while for family reasons. He's not the first person on here to do it and he won't be the last. And while I'm surprised that he would want to participate in building KH's, that's his business, not ours. I went to the frigging Memorial this year just to keep my parents happy. Doesn't mean I believe it's "the Truth" and anyone who doesn't 'approve', can kiss my ass.

You are imposing YOUR morality and YOUR standards and values on him and THAT is exactly what was done to all of us when in. My own morality and standards and values won't let me do that to another human being. He is not yet mentally and emotionally in a place where he sees the dichotomy - and you know what? That's ok. Everyone who participated in this harmful attack, though, may have driven him further in and may have taken away a valuable resource from him. If nothing else, it appears that Stilla has consistently provided "insider" information that we may not have been privy too in any other way. I don't see any gratitude for that.

Excellent observation. Alot of our "insider" information comes from people like Stilla. I wouldn't be caught dead going back to the KH on a regular basis but that's me. Every one of us are in a different situation and to come down on Stilla for doing something that he enjoys is rather petty and pathetic, IMO. There are various posters on here who still go to the meetings (almost invaribly for family reasons) and everyone seems to understand. Yet Stilla reveals that he helps build KH's, and suddenly he gets verbally bashed because other individuals on here wouldn't do it??

Give me a break. Obviously Stilla knows it's not "the Truth", or he would not have been posting on here for as long as he had.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Well stated Mary and thanks!!!!!

If we all thought the same about everything, this board would not be necessary, it is our diversity that makes this not only a great place for information, but also a great group of people!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Well said Mary.

It seems to me that anyone who doesn't exit within a timeframe other people impose start to receive heat from certain members here.

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, glad to see you on the thread!

Obviously, a number disagree with you on this one----and a few have not.

Please re-read Stilla's own comments. His sentiments are not the same as Gumby's. Many posters have correctly "dissected" his own words and it ain't pretty.

If he wants to continue building Halls and promoting the Organization, because that IS what he's doing, I agree that it's his decision. Since the thread is questioning whether we clearly understand that "The Truth is nothing but bullcrap", I find it interesting that a few have taken umbrage of the question being a putdown of sorts. Too bad, really. Vinny, Undercover, Dawg and more than a few others have made points no one can ignore regarding this situation based upon Stilla's own comments. That's the issue.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Stilla

Do as you must

Be true to yourself

Doesn't matter what others

think or say about it

Beware of fooling yourself

with your stealth and 2 lives

One of these lives must dominate

Make sure it is the one that you truly want

Nothing wrong with being positive

Much wrong with denying reality!!

As you said, It is a cult

and like a preditor, will stab you at the first chance

• undercover
    undercover

Alot of our "insider" information comes from people like Stilla. I wouldn't be caught dead going back to the KH on a regular basis but that's me. Every one of us are in a different situation and to come down on Stilla for doing something that he enjoys is rather petty and pathetic, IMO. There are various posters on here who still go to the meetings (almost invaribly for family reasons) and everyone seems to understand. Yet Stilla reveals that he helps build KH's, and suddenly he gets verbally bashed because other individuals on here wouldn't do it??

There is a lot of insider info comes from people like Stilla, inclduing Stilla himself, for which I'm grateful for. I agree that we're all in different situations and places in our exit of the oppression from the religion.

I usually am more of a live and let live kind of person. We can't dictate to others how to deal with the situation...we can give advice or share what's happened to us but in the end it's up to each individual to do what they want. Maybe I pushed too hard this time, I don't know...

But what puzzled me was that Stilla came across in his first post by disagreeing with the premise that the religion and it's claim of "Truth" is all bullcrap. Having been around this board a while, you feel like you get to know people a little through their posts and I have always thought that Stilla was a good guy, honest and fair. He seems well-balanced and I've always liked that he didn't bash individual Witnesses but understood the problem was with the organization, not the followers. But from his post here and a few others, I was getting the impression that he was trying to convince himself more than us, that it's okay to stay an active JW, sharing in all the aspects of the faith, from field service, to meeting attendance to working on Kingdom Halls.

I sense that Stilla is at a crossroads and that he's either going to have to reenter the Matrix and forget the real world or accept the facts and make some drastic changes to his lifestyle to find freedom from the cult. The latter is harder because of standing, family, maybe even employment. If anyone chooses to go back after facing the facts, then that's their decision and I accept it. But if their sitting on the fence I'd be remiss if I didn't try to point out some obvious things that may have been forgotten.

Otherwise, I agree that we shouldn't bash others for the decisions they have to make.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yes, but so is Christianity

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I tried to leave my judgmentalism behind when I came here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit