Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

It gave me the motivation to stop smoking.- smoking is a bad habit not a sin, and any number of places that can help you with this.

It taught me not to be in fear of hellfire.- it gave us Armageddon. lots churches do not believe in a literal hellfire.

It taught me to be a better person,.- any church or therapist or good parents, community involvement can do that. .

It taught me to be a better public speaker and reader.- school and debate can do that too,

It taught me better study habits which helped for college etc. -school can do that.

it taught me how to "cold sell " good for sales training- , they do teach us to sell

it taught me how to deal with people better- school, community, any church can do this, good parents too, support groups , your job

On the RBC it taught me building skills- OK

JWS have given me nothing that involvement with my community , decent parents , and the school system , any Church or spirituality could not have given me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla disagrees that they are nothing but bullcrap.

That is just not true - all I am, is trying to being balanced. Of course some of the stuff they do is total and utter bull

The disfellowshipping and reinstatement policy is utter bull

the way they make you feel worthless (you can never do enough to please Jah) is utter bull

many many other things they do is utter bull

HOWEVER THEY DO SOMETHINGS OK

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT I FIND THE WAY YOU PHRASED THIS AS VERY CONDESCENDING -

"Do You Clearly Understand" the Truth is NOTHING but -- is exactly the sort of tone the WTS would use - I find it almost offensive

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Its so clear to me that when I talk to those in the "truth", I have to make a mental note and actually use the term Jehovah, discuss their bible and say brotherhood. It is so embarrasing that a really good JW friend is getting married. I think that will probably be the last JW social gathering I will attend. I am looking forward to it. It is just to clear how disceived they are and not socializing with them is probobly best for both of us!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, you being 1 y 7 m 5 d old ... you have alot to learn, young'un.

• undercover
    undercover
    It gave me the motivation to stop smoking.

You can get motivation to stop smoking through other means that work as well, if not better. I had a JW relative that was DFd for smoking. He kept on smoking. He didn't quit until the doctors told him to quit or die. That was better movitvation than being told we couldn't talk to him.

It taught me not to be in fear of hellfire.

JWs aren't the only religion that teaches the non-hellfire doctrine. And instead of hellfire, the JWs teach the fear of dying in a horrible death at a Armageddon. Not much better really.

It taught me to be a better person,.

I've heard that argument before and there may be some truth to it for certain individuals...but I've met people who became Born-again Christian, Baptists, even Catholics and it made them a "better" person. I've met people who quit drinking or taking drugs and became a better person. Being a JW doesn't automatically make just anyone a better person, its the changes you make to yourself that makes you a better person. All you need is the motivator. The motivation of a lie(living forever in a paradise earth) doesn't work for me.

It taught me to be a better public speaker and reader.

I don't think the advantages of learning to be a better speaker outweigh the disadvantages of being in a cult...I may be a better speaker than some of my peers, but years of the Ministry School did not make me a great speaker. It just got me through school a little better prepared.

It taught me better study habits which helped for college etc.

If, by better study habits, you mean, read, repeat, read, repeat, read, repeat, then I'm sorry to tell you...that's not the best way to learn anything...

it taught me how to "cold sell " good for sales training

LOL...I'll give you that one. JWs aren't Christians...they're marketing reps. They're trained to take any situation or conversation and turn into a sales pitch to try to sell their religion.

it taught me how to deal with people better

Leaving the JWs taught me how to accept people better and in turn that lets you deal with them better. While I was a JW I was brainwashed into disliking anyone who wasn't a JW. I became jaded in my view of all people not in the JW faith. By being freed of that, I can see that people aren't evil, demonic monsters...they're people just like most JWs I knew. Some are better than some JWs.

On the RBC it taught me building skills

The RBC taught me how a shady contractor can use free labor in order to make a profit on building a religious building. And it taught me just how little patience some JW builders have with the inexperienced helpers that showed up. Do you think you couldn't learn building skills outside the JWs? How in the hell was anything built before they came along then?

I admire you to a point for looking for the positive in the JWs. There are some good people and there are some things about being a JW that aren't controversial or bad for you.

But the things you mention here can be achieved in any number of ways besides being a JW. And if this is all that one can come up with to defend them as a "better" way of life, then your position is pretty indefensible.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Minimus, please stop maligning bullcrap.

W

• undercover
    undercover
    Minimus, please stop maligning bullcrap.

Please don't hi-jack this thread in your defense of the bullcrap lifestyle....

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Well now, wait a minute! Isn't bullcrap good for crops?

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, can't you see how you sound here?? You are defending these bullcrappers. You, out of all persons, should know that the truth is nothing but bullcrap. Other posters are trying to show you that this cult is no good and certainly no better than any worldly business operation. Get your head out of the sand and recognize the CULT for what it is----WORTHLESS.

Check out Undercover's analysis, please. And for heaven's sakes, stop trying to rebuild their houses of worship. It's sooo hypocritical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit