Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Minimus - I too find your tone unacceptable and condescending. Even when I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses I always considered other people's view with tolerance and respect. You would be the first to criticise if the WTBTS made statements such as this about other religious views.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am already proud that I am standing up to you whining bastards and giving the other side of the story

So, since we're little more than "whining bastards" to you, how is it you've been able to stand being among us here for 5 years? Or does hypocrisy come natural to you?

After 20 years as a JW, there's nothing you or anyone else can say or do to convince me it's anything more than a rancid cult.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What "Truth" was that?

OK, OK - The body of statements, half-truths, lies etc promulgated by the WTBTS

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Despite my friends telling me I was an intelligent person that was buying into the clever WTS crap at age 30---I allowed myself to be manipulated and persuaded to do things I would never have done and to act hateful towards those I would never have done so if not for the direction and guidance of the men who write their poisoned information for the WTS.

I dropped all of my nonJW friends and shunned those in my family that wised up and left the cult, and 30 years later ALL my JW friends and relatives dropped ME when my conscience showed me that I could not go on believing the WTS was "the truth" when they clearly proved they were not what they claimed. The irony was that they never WERE what they claimed to be. I had to learn to begin all over again....to trust others and to find the Jesus I knew was there all along.

I CLEARLY understand that the WTS is total and complete bullcrap.

Annie

• Vinny
    Vinny

I disagree with you Minimus. There is SOME good in all religions, IMO, JW's included.

The bottom line is you have to buy the "we are the truth" deal, hook line and sinker for it to work. Which we all did for a while.

If you "believe it" you can live an okay life as a JW. I too cleaned up a lot because of the fear they instilled in me along with having a new son to look after. The fact is regardless of how you get there that was a good thing to have happen.

I learned how to be a better student and speaker. Goody nights, gatherings, and built in friends wherever you go was a benefit as well. And after leaving, I am so much less judgmental today than ever before, which is a good thing. I feel I am more reasonable and balanced now because of being on the inside and then outside of JW life. I met my wife there as well. That alone makes a decent argument against your point of view that nothing good comes out of this experience. I could go on.

But if I had to do it over again I would never submit to it. The costs for most of the benefits you get are far too steep. Self doubts, never doing enough, no sports for kids, no holidays, risk and worries of death due to the sorry blood policy, no boyscouts for kids, cutting back on non JW people from your lives, including family, no voting or community involvement, viewing others as "worldly" and soon to be destroyed, and much more than I have time for listing here.

So yes, it's a cult, it is not the truth, it was living in a box, living a lie, a waste of much time and more. And you could say such things and such a life is nothing but "bullcrap".

Yet, at least SOME GOOD came out of it as well for me and I would guess many that have left could say the same.

But I do agree that anybody that is fully aware of the full picture here, that continues to build Kingdom Halls which promote this destructive religious institution, needs to reexamine his priorities.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So, since we're little more than "whining bastards" to you, how is it you've been able to stand being among us here for 5 years? Or does hypocrisy come natural to you?

I am sorry for that remark -I truly am. I am so frustrated by the condescending tone I lashed out. I am sorry. I am trying to be respectful and it is not easy.

• minimus
    minimus

Look, Stilla, I like you. I think if we ever met, we'd be friends. So I want you to understand that because I like you (and I do mean that even you take some s hots at me every so often) , I'm disturbed by your opinions. I know you aren't stupid but perhaps cognitive dissonance is what you've got. You can't easily rationalize building KHs and furthering this cult's development and have the history that you do here.,

I'm not trying to be condescending as much as I'm trying to be realistic. Either you are a hypocrite or you've got serious issues that are preventing you from seeing the obvious that JWs are C U L T !!!!!

• Vinny
    Vinny

Stilla,

If you don't mind I'd like to ask you why you still build KIngdom Halls? (if in fact you still do).

I can understand why somebody would fade away rather than make a public stand only to lose family in the process.

I CAN'T quite understand why they'd still go to meetings if they know it's all a lie. But maybe a meeting here and there to keep up the front.

But I cannot come close to understanding why somebody with over (((16 THOUSAND POSTS))) on the JWD would still be putting up new Kingdom Halls today.

Can you explain that?

Thanks.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Jesus was a simple man and therefore, he being the son of God, all he wants is our reconnection to him. Doing so in prayer. God's spirit is there to help you in understanding. We don't NEED a religious organization at all.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Forget. Just not even worth it. Edited to delete response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit