Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

I appreciate your point dawg!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I CAN'T quite understand why they'd still go to meetings if they know it's all a lie. But maybe a meeting here and there to keep up the front.

I go to the odd meeting - I only went to 1 meeting in June and July. I have missed 2 this month already. I go on the ministry once every 4 months but count loads of hours -theocratic warfare strategy

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I refused to accept that JWs were a cult when I first came here but the evidence, as it was presented,especially by Farkel, made me see the reality. At the time, I thought he was being hard on me and a few others in this regard, but I thank him and others for making me see clearly what a cult is and why JWs are defined as such.

Min----

I have to give a thumbs up on thiis one too. I had not looked INTO the definition of a cult when I was a JW and took the WTS word for it (like everything else) by their own WTS dictionary that has far different definitions that any standard or accepted dictionary I might add! It was not until I saw the Lifton's Criteria on cult behavior, did my eyes begin to see the real strong similarities in cults and how they deceive. Between that and the documented evidence about the real reason for the "donation arrangement" (LIES from the "truth") and the problems with the Malawi/Mexico behavior....these three were enough to convince me I had indeed made THE biggest mistake of my life by hooking up with and devoting my LIFE TO the WTS.

Back in the pre-JWD days when I was hanging out on H20---Farkel was the major influence on me (as infuriated as he made me at times, LOL) but I was still a loyal Jdub at the time I firstt found that forum, and thought he was insufferable! I began to see that what he said MADE SENSE when I checked it out. He soon became the first poster I looked for when I logged on......and he taught me a lot. He DID help me to realize that the WTS was nothing but bullcrap, haha!

hugs,

Annie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

too much anger is not good - the WTS taught me that also

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

being in a cult is not a good thing

I dont think you could say I am in the cult really - come on - honestly. It has no hold on me. I go to the odd meeting for personal reasons etc. That is not being in

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and it's best that if one recognizes that it is indeed a cult, to get the **** out! WHY?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do you think if there are enough TROJAN Horses inside the WTS we can do more damage than outright insults?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Dawg,

My family knows I think it is "horse crap". However, that does nothing yet to change the fact that some of my adult children remain controlled by the utter nonsense that I helped to indoctrinate into their tender young minds.

I wish I had never heard of jws, but the damage from them has been done. I can stand up to them until I am blue in the face and the only thing accomplished is to scare my children away.

A person has to be ready to listen before they can learn something. I still have hope they will wake up one day. This is a cult we are dealing with which includes mind control.

I have not attended for years or been an advocate of their teachings. I am still bewildered that I could fall for such utter nonsense, but the reality is that I did. You have to look at situations from all angles. There is not a one size fits all approach.

Do you have grown children who you indoctrinated still caught in the lie?

• flipper
    flipper

STILLAJWEXELDER- So after reading all of your responses, and reading everyone elses replies - Let me ask you a question ? ( Since this seems to be the Tonight Show hosted by Minimus and ask Stilla any questions you want ) My question is this :

If you consider yourself a Trojan ( no , not the rubber ) does that mean you consider yourself an undercover witness with the motives like some of our lurking elder friends here on JWD ? Is your eventual goal to bring down the Watchtower society ; or at least in an undercover way cause enough havoc on the inside of the witnesses , without getting busted , in order to assist some to exit this , " mind control cult " ? I guess I just want to understand WHAT your motives are for staying in it ? Fair enough question ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Personally, I want a refund!

Someone give me my lost years back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit