Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What a waste of living being "in the Truth" was!

Sometimes I see persons suggesting that the Witness religion isn't all so wrong. Actually they suggest that they themselves are the issue. They've gone out of the "spiritual paradise" and now they're doing some unchristian things, maybe like smoking, drugs, sex and too much fun.

To anyone that feels guilty over leaving the religion or becoming inactive, I have to wonder what's wrong with you?

Can YOU see that the Witnesses are nothing but a scam? That they indeed are "false prophets"??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I disagree.

It gave me the motivation to stop smoking.

It taught me not to be in fear of hellfire.

It taught me to be a better person,.

It taught me to be a better public speaker and reader.

It taught me better study habits which helped for college etc.

it taught me how to "cold sell " good for sales training

it taught me how to deal with people better

On the RBC it taught me building skills

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, you still are "in the Truth". You would disagree,, you Kingdumb Hall builder!

• sacolton
    sacolton

It taught me I can be brainwashed.

It taught me I can be taken advantage of.

It taught me I was expendable.

It taught me I can judge people without really knowing them.

It taught me I could lie to someone who didn't deserve the truth.

It taught me to be a conditional friend.

• New light for you
    New light for you

talk about 2 contrasting views!

I have to say i'm somewhere in the middle. It's amazing to realize its all just a lie. not that 'at least you're going to church of some sort and worshipping god"... NO. its the MATRIX and you had been taking the green pill....Its all a hoax, lie, wizard of oz... however you wanna put it...

But, it kept me from sleeping around (was that a good thing>?), trying drugs (again, good?>??) kept me out of college (???)...

ok... nevermind.. i thought i had some positives. OK > i got one..

I worked in Mulitlevel Marketing for a few years and excelled at it. was at the top, had all the free trips, did tons of trade shows etc. and i did so well cuz i learned all the in's and out's from the WT organization....WOOHOO!

• minimus
    minimus

Sacolton, excellent response!

Stilla disagrees that they are nothing but bullcrap. He's still a very active Witness. Oh well! Maybe something will help him to get his mind out of the falsehood.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Sometimes I see persons suggesting that the Witness religion isn't all so wrong. Actually they suggest that they themselves are the issue. They've gone out of the "spiritual paradise" and now they're doing some unchristian things, maybe like smoking, drugs, sex and too much fun.

To anyone that feels guilty over leaving the religion or becoming inactive, I have to wonder what's wrong with you?

Can YOU see that the Witnesses are nothing but a scam? That they indeed are "false prophets"??

I think people like that obviously have self esteem issues. They are not completely deprogrammed. I bumped into a old JW friend not so long ago. She is dfed, she left her husband for a other man who was married and has a few kids. She said she is happy now and that she was depressed for so long before. I said to her that I was happy she realised that the WT was full of crap. She said to me "no, no I want to go back I still think it's the truth" WTF? How can you completely accept that you must do the opposite of what your are taught to be happy and then turn around and say it's the truth? Mind control.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    It taught me I can be brainwashed.

Knowing you can be brainwashed is actually a good thing. It helps in the real world to know when you are being lied to or manipulated. It makes a person much more suspicious of what others do and say. But most people lie and are full of crap so being able to recognize it right away is quite helpful.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I do understand that it is all bullcrap. Unfortuantely, I have no knowledge of how my life might have been different since I was born-in.

I have fantasies though. Holidays, birthdays, summer camp, normal friends, academic encouragement, getting to go out on dates, not having to spend a large percentage of my formative years sitting in the KH being miserable and not having Saturdays (FS) to myself unless I was puking my guts up.

I also think of how nice it would have been to not have to hear horror stories of Armageddon, constantly told that no matter what I did, it would never be enough, and having to live with the knowledge that there was no such thing as "unconditional love" in the WT world.

It would have been great to have my family and those around me to be happy and encouraging when I decided to go to college. Instead I was told it was a waste of time and that it would only make me materialistic, make god unhappy, and would probably get me into things like drugs and an immoral lifestyle.

Today I fantasise about my family waking up. Instead, I watch them entrench further and further into it.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I have two experiences there minimus. The first time I left believing, the second I left because I found out it was false. I was young when I left believing and it is amazing how much hold that it has on you even though you are nothing to do with it anymore. Every feeling of rejection is there, along with damnation and impending doom.

That was a lot of the reason why, like a fool, I went back. But while I was out I still believed it, right deep down. Back then I had no reason to doubt. I didn’t look into it because it bought back all the negative emotions, so I was never going to see the faults in it. So it was no surprise that I was going to be caught in its spell still after leaving…..

I wouldn’t necessarily say that there was anything wrong with me back then. I was just young, inexperienced and caught up in a spell that a cult put on me as a kid, like it caught out everyone that was ever in it and believed…..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit