Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Minimus said: Please re-read Stilla's own comments. His sentiments are not the same as Gumby's.

OK, this is what Stilla said:

That is just not true - all I am, is trying to being balanced. Of course some of the stuff they do is total and utter bull

The disfellowshipping and reinstatement policy is utter bull

the way they make you feel worthless (you can never do enough to please Jah) is utter bull

I understand what others have said about other avenues that can help a person quit smoking, be a good public speaker, etc. and that is not something privy to the WTS. However, I think the difference is that Stilla is saying that in certain areas of his life, the Borg did help him in a positive way. I think most of us would be lying if we didn't acknowledge that we're probably better public speakers today because we (were forced to) join the Ministry School when we were young. While that one positive outcome cannot come anywhere near to compensating for all the crap they put us through, on its own, TMS did in fact, have some benefit to it. And while I'd rather stick needles in my eyes rather than have to attend 5 meetings a week again, there are a couple of things they teach that I still believe. (ie. I don't believe Jesus was God).

I will assume your original question has to do with doctrinal issues and in that, I concur that most of their doctrines are indeed, "bullcrap". I did not get the impression from Stilla that he believes alot of the doctrines and stated that he was simply "trying to be balanced". For him, he found that there were some positive aspects of being a Witness and that's entirely his perogative. No, I wouldn't be building KH's in my spare time, but hey---I still attend Witness funerals when necessary and even the Memorial, so who am I to judge what he does? If it makes him happier partaking in the Quickbuilds, then that's up to him. Unfortunately, it would seem that the brow-beating finally got to him and shit, maybe he'll go back to the Hall full time now.

• Vinny
    Vinny

If Stilla wants to go building Kingdom Halls, then who here is going to stop him?

NOBODY.

What makes more sense to you if somebody wants to see WT Society taken down; To quit the JWD or quit building new KIngdom Halls?

Who wants to answer up for us?

Hey Stilla, I like to build things too!

Can I join you building new Halls? Maybe Minimus and Dog and even sunspot Annie can pitch in too.

We all want to see WT world taken down, so maybe if we all join Stilla taken them down by building new Halls we can all feel good at the end of the day.

Hey Stilla, I wanna be just like you!

Let's all send stilla some money too.

Hey stilla can I send you money as well as help you build new Halls to help bring down the WT Society?

There's got to be some kind of award we can give stilla.

HAIL STILLA, chief WT-world take down artist throiugh building new Kingdom Halls!

Amazing things once again on the JWD.

Instead Stilla likes to build K Halls cause he says he "likes building things".

Even though buildijng more Kingdom Halls means:

More families broken and lives shattered.

More Arrogant People saying "We is the truth and all others soon to be destroyed".

More kiddies and people DIE because of the sorry BLOOD POLICY.

More kiddies missing out on LIFE. No sports, clubs, school activities, Boyscouts or more.

More people to shun and more people to get shunned.

etc

etc

Yep, if I were Stilla rather than building new Kingdom Halls (FOR FREE) I'd look for something with less consequences and a little more PAY.

Just a thought.

Guess the way to take down KKK is to build new meeting places for them to go. Let's get rid of terrorism by building new terrorist hideouts.

Are you an anti-abortion activist? Guess you look forward to building new abortion clinics too.

This is all some sorry JOKE right?

Especially if you think it is a destructive cult and you want it taken down.

Which is exactly what Stilla said.

Only the FACTS say otherwise.

Vinny

• minimus
    minimus

Vinny has expressed exactly what the issue is. That being said, maybe Stilla can at least THINK about what he's said and what he's doing.

The fact is, I don't know Stilla but I am fond of him and I think he contributes here nicely. This thread is not a personal attack on him or anyone else.

The reason I put this thread up is because I was speaking to an exjw this week and he expressed how surprised he was that some JWs that are decades inactive or even Df'd say that they still accept the "Truth": maybe not every single part but enough to make a proJW statement. Personally, I can't dismiss the facts! They lie everytime they claim to have "The Truth".

• dawg
    dawg

Someone said this..."He seems well-balanced and I've always liked that he didn't bash individual Witnesses but understood the problem was with the organization, not the followers".

What is an organization without any followers? It's darn well not an organization.

It's the individuals within the organization imposing rules that's the problem, not the other way around! What would those creepy men in the slave class be if they had no followers? They'd be just that, powerless creepy old men. No my friends! Its our own families and friends that are the problem, it's their willingness to uphold these silly rules that keeps this train rolling.

I'm not comparing what we've went through with Hither, nor the Nazis in any way other than how followers allow bad things to happen. So, we're Hitler's followers any less guilty than Hitler himself? I say they we're just as guilty. It's comparable only in the way that leaders have to have someone to lead.

Fact it folks, what's happened here is we've been mentally abused, and it will continue as long as we allow it too. And folks like stilla, who I actually like a lot and love reading his posts, they are like the mother of an abused child that keeps on excusing the actions of the abuser.

I say all this with total regard to loss, not only mine but yours (the reader) also. What many of us have went through isn't fun, it's very painful.. but I refuse to allow more to be abused and me to remain silent., my silence aiding in more abuse.

I'm not saying how to do it, I'm not saying it can't be a slow process, but something has to happen. .. and running around helping build KHs all over the place is aiding and abetting the enemy.

• Mary
    Mary
    Vinny has expressed exactly what the issue is. That being said, maybe Stilla can at least THINK about what he's said and what he's doing.

I sincerely doubt that Stilla will be back after the latest bashing. Like I said, I would not be participating in any quick builds myself, but if he feels the need to do it, that's his business, not mine and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I knew a brother from another congregation who successfully did The Fade after he found out the religion was a crock who also participated in one of the Quick Builds. He was visiting his son who was still in and the son asked him to go with him so he did. He enjoyed building, he got to spend time with his son and grandson and he saw some old friends. Hypocritical? Maybe, but I'm sure we've all done things that perhaps someone else on here would maybe never do and that others would view as "hypocritical".

The fact is, I don't know Stilla but I am fond of him and I think he contributes here nicely. This thread is not a personal attack on him or anyone else.

Min, I know you didn't start the thread out as an attack on anyone, but unfortunately, that's exactly what it escalated to and I'd be surprised if he returns.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Mary says:.."Like I said, I would not be participating in any quick builds myself, but if he feels the need to do it, that's his business, not mine and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it."

This is a sad joke folks.

I have been attacked far more than stilla has on other threads and yet here I am. Same with probably half the people here, including you Mary. Either stand up and defend yourself, or, if you cannot take the heat, you know what they say...

Building new Kingdom Halls is ((( PROMOTING ))) the JW religion. Do you get that Mary? Do you get that Stilla? I sure hope so cause it is 100 percent true.

I even wonder how true Stilla's comments are about only going to a couple meetings per month. Though maybe this is a new thing. You see, you have to fill out an application to get approved before a JW is even allowed on new building projects.

Any JW going to just a meeting or two per month will never get approved to build new K Halls.

That is a Fact of life in WT world.

But whatever Stilla's case, he is now choosing to leave the JWD rather than quit building new KIngdom Halls which promotes WT Society.

And THAT says a lot!

Stilla, I hope you see some value in the points presented by several people here. I hope you come back and post on the JWD.

But many here also hope you see that building new KIngdom Halls is a very bad idea and is literally promoting the very religious institution you say you want to go down. To me it is an oxymoron and a walking contradiction.

People suffer today because of what the WT Society does. YOU KNOW THIS.

Surely you can see then why supporting this organization by offering your services --for free-- to build new Kingdom Halls is something that many here would object to.

Have a good one!

All the best,

Vinny

• Mary
    Mary
    If you think we are crossing the line to confront Stilla with this little problem he has, then what you are doing by confronting us is no different. I have no probs with you confronting us and I have no problems confronting stilla. (Which YOU seem to have the problem with). The difference is your arguments are very weak here IMO. Nobody ever said stilla should not fade or stop meetings altogether. We say that building new Kingdom Halls is helping WT to grow and not exposing or bringing down WT.

Vinny, I never said it was a 'good idea' for him to do this. What I did not agree with is the way most of the posts came down on him like a ton of bricks for it. Whoever did the post about how it would be better for him to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity had an excellent suggestion. Maybe Stilla hadn't thought of that before. Maybe the poor bastard is suffering from depression. God knows I would be if I was still attending them meetings. My point is: I thought the response far outweighed the offense. That's just me. He could be doing alot worse things than participating in building KHs, IMO. Not everyone can handle the pressure in the same manner when people start verbally pummelling them on here .

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They are deffinitely false prophets.

I cant argue with that.

That is right on!

So if you dont need a false prophet in your life, you probably dont need the JW's.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Well said Mary.

It's just a shame that in the land of the net and boards, this kind of mob action will always result. Probably the reason why this site will soon be gone as well.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

some doctors will administer a blood transfusion one day to save a life ....

and perform an abortion the next day killing one.

is this hypocrisy..or is this performing medical procedures for people who want them.

i guess it depends on who you are and what your medical situation is.

certainly a girl who wishes an abortion and then starts hemorrhaging will be glad he can do both..as will those she is close to.

if a doctor chooses to do this..or if i do...or if i choose to build a hospital and an abortion centre and a kingdom hall...because this gives me the satisfying life i enjoy....then it is none of your goddamn business

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit